[NL2-NL10] Check flop semi-bluff turn

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands

BU (4,24)
      SB (6,94)
      BB (2,02)

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](7 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      [color:grey]4 folds[/color], BU calls $0,04, Hero calls $0,02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,12) K:diamond: , 4:diamond: , Q:diamond: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, BB checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0,12) K:spade: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $0,08[/color], [color:grey]2 folds[/color].

Final Pot: $0,20

---

Betting 2/3 potsize there although my fold equity is not that high because i have many outs on all diamonds, queens and aces. Correct play?

gen
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Bu would limp probably 40% of his hand range. I would raise pf, since you have some fold equity pf and you can take often pot down postflop and if you hit your A or Q then you can bet for value.
      I'd bet flop, since you probably has the best hand with your middle pair to kicker and nut flushdraw.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Yes definitely raise pf with AT+ on that situation...
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Will do next time :D

Should i also do that against more than one call, where I don't have the fold equity?

Also remember that players there like to slowplay strong hands, which is wrong, of course, but i can't put them on precise hand ranges if they call.

gen
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by generals007
      Will do next time :D

Should i also do that against more than one call, where I don't have the fold equity?

Also remember that players there like to slowplay strong hands, which is wrong, of course, but i can't put them on precise hand ranges if they call.

gen
      Sure, if you hit your TP you're likely to take a lot of value from worse hands. About slowplaying strong hands well, it doesn't happen very often and if you suspect anything you can always control the pot.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      So I basically am assigned to raise any PP in late position if there were only calls in front and the villain's stacks are big enough to call20 of the same size as my bet?

gen
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by generals007
      So I basically am assigned to raise any PP in late position if there were only calls in front and the villain's stacks are big enough to call20 of the same size as my bet?

gen
      I´d raise, but if you feel that limping is better, then you can do that.
      Don´t understand your question about villain stack size. If villain is middlestack then you don´t raise to hit your set, but you want villain to fold pre-flop, if he doesn´t fold pre-flop then you want him to fold on the flop if you don´t hit your set. Villain would hardly put in 10B if he limped in pf, so you should consider taking down pot postflop with contibet or maybe on later streets.
      Generally just playing aggressive game pre-flop makes playing postflop so much easier in position.