[NL2-NL10] Small but dangerous contibet

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands

BU (13,45)
      MP2 (5)
      SB (4,45)

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](8 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      [color:grey]UTG+2 folds[/color], MP1 calls $0,04, [color:red]Hero raises to $0,20[/color], [color:grey]2 folds[/color], BU calls $0,20, SB calls $0,18, [color:grey]2 folds[/color].

Flop: ($0,68) J:diamond: , 3:club: , K:heart: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      SB checks, [color:red]Hero bets $0,20[/color], [color:grey]2 folds[/color].

Final Pot: $0,88

---

The title says it all ... correct play?

gen
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Can't really see your logic.
      Do you want that people would fold their draws or call with weaker hands.
      Anyway you don't accomplish anything by betting that small, than all the 56 hands would fold. If players hold Kx, Jx, draws, maybe some small pp-s they would call and you're building a bigger pot with your medium pp. I just think that player try to take down pot with weak hand I would re-raise 0,8$. Can you handle re-raise on that board?
      So bet at least 0,5$ on that board if you decide to bet at all.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I don't want Jx to fold. OESD would have 4:1 pot odds here, needs 5:1 to make it profitable, though, considering i fold to a raise after A or 9 hits, which i would. And if BU holds Kx i only give him 1/3 potsize which i would consider to be low, controlling the pot and keeping it low. If i get a reraise from Kx i can certainly fold anyways.

gen
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by generals007
      I don't want Jx to fold. OESD would have 4:1 pot odds here, needs 5:1 to make it profitable, though, considering i fold to a raise after A or 9 hits, which i would. And if BU holds Kx i only give him 1/3 potsize which i would consider to be low, controlling the pot and keeping it low. If i get a reraise from Kx i can certainly fold anyways.

gen
      Ge can always consider that if you bet again or call bet on the turn or river.
      Btw how you can know if player is re-raising with oesd or Kx?
      And about folding Jx. Wouldn't you like that Jx or oesd pay more if they decide to call. Finally, would you bet AK or WT also that small? If you would bet larger with your tp or draw, then you should also bet more with your medium pp.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I usually bet alot if i have top pair strong or top kicker to protect against draws. On the micros i tend to bet close to potsize since they don't look at their odds and even call with unprofitable draws.

But i think a strong bet is way too risky here, since i get called down with every Kx.

gen