[NL2-NL10] 44 FH beat

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands

BB (5,88)
      SB (4,37)
      CO (5,48)

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](5 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4:club: , 4:heart:
      [color:grey]MP3 folds[/color], Hero calls $0,04, [color:grey]BU folds[/color], SB calls $0,02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,12) 3:spade: , 4:diamond: , 7:diamond: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      [color:red]SB bets $0,04[/color], [color:red]BB raises to $0,12[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $0,36[/color], SB calls $0,32, BB calls $0,24.

Turn: ($1,20) 7:club: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      SB checks, BB checks, [color:red]Hero bets $1[/color], SB calls $1,00, [color:red]BB raises to $2,56[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $4,12[/color], [color:red]SB raises to $3,97 (All-In)[/color], [color:red]BB raises to $5,48 (All-In)[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $5,08 (All-In)[/color].

River: ($15,73) 7:spade:

Final Pot: $15,73

Results follow (highlight to see):
      [color:white]BB shows [ 7h, 3c ] four of a kind, Sevens[/color]
      [color:white]SB shows [ Qd, 3d ] a full house, Sevens full of Threes[/color]
      [color:white]Hero shows [ 4c, 4h ] a full house, Sevens full of Fours[/color]
      [color:white]BB wins $0.40 USD with four of a kind, Sevens.[/color]
      [color:white]BB wins $2.11 USD with four of a kind, Sevens.[/color]
      [color:white]BB wins $12.46 USD with four of a kind, Sevens.[/color]

---

I don't think i did anything wrong, did I?

gen
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Both BB and SB would probably folded to their hands if you have raised pf with 44. (maybe SB would called with Q3, but doubt that BB would enter the pot with 73) That's why it is important to open raise if you enter the pot.
      Postflop I would re-raise it a little more 0,4$ to force draws to pay more to see turn card. Turn I'd also get broke.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Why would i want them to fold preflop? This is micro. There are no high pairs they can hit that are lower than my 44. So if they hit high pair on flop and i hit my trips that would be the best thing for me since fishes at that limit don't know when to stop betting. I know blinds do me some good too, but i think trying to hit and then get broke is more profitable here. They don't stop if they hit something and i even bet 1,5 potsize.

gen
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by generals007
      Why would i want them to fold preflop? This is micro.
      - you want to raise pf, since they couldn't take free flop, you want to take initiative, to take pot postflop, if you miss, you want to build bigger pot if you hit your set; if they fold, then you collect 1,5BB free money.

There are no high pairs they can hit that are lower than my 44. So if they hit high pair on flop and i hit my trips that would be the best thing for me since fishes at that limit don't know when to stop betting. I know blinds do me some good too, but i think trying to hit and then get broke is more profitable here. They don't stop if they hit something and i even bet 1,5 potsize.
      Problem with your logic is that: they have to hit smt good, like top pair and you have to hit set. You hit set only around every 7th time and since it is limped pot, you don't get as much of them as you could if you raised pf and then go bet, bet, all-in (as you said they don't like folding). But also good thing about raising pf is that they're oop and can possible fold worse hands. Doubt that player would call your contibet on A high board with 55.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Alright, thanks. I will try this out in further games. I usually always limp with low PP if there's a call in front of me. Maybe I lost a lot of value there. I'll see if that improves my game.

gen