[NL20-NL50] 50fr KK CO

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $33.05 (66.1 bb)
      SB: $33.01 (66 bb)
      BB: $20.11 (40.2 bb)
      UTG+2: $45.49 (91 bb)
      MP1: $56.62 (113.2 bb)
      MP2: $53.08 (106.2 bb)
      MP3: $76.10 (152.2 bb)
      Hero (CO): $93.58 (187.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K K
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 raises to $1.75, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $5.75, 4 folds, MP2 calls $4

Flop: ($12.75) Q J 9 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $8.07, MP2 raises to $24, Hero raises to $87.83, MP2 calls $23.33 and is all-in

Turn: ($107.41) 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($107.41) 6 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $107.41 pot ($3.00 rake)
      Final Board: Q J 9 9 6
      MP2 showed J J and won $104.41 ($51.33 net)
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-$53.08 net)

Just to be sure, it's never a fold here is it?
  • 6 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

This is nit-ring. Not sure if I want to be betting the Flop there. Yeah we have Kh, but still, we are not getting 3 streets from worse. And we are virtually unafraid of any turn card in the deck.

This is also a flop we are giving up really often, and I think we have the perfect hand to check back and strengthen our checking range.

When we get shoved on, it's either AhX (which has 40% vs us), or a set (we probably have (40%-45%), or a flush (we have 25%). Not too sure how often he is gonna checkraise bluff here, especially with that size.

Thanks.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

This is nit-ring. Not sure if I want to be betting the Flop there. Yeah we have Kh, but still, we are not getting 3 streets from worse. And we are virtually unafraid of any turn card in the deck.

This is also a flop we are giving up really often, and I think we have the perfect hand to check back and strengthen our checking range.

When we get shoved on, it's either AhX (which has 40% vs us), or a set (we probably have (40%-45%), or a flush (we have 25%). Not too sure how often he is gonna checkraise bluff here, especially with that size.

Thanks.
      Completely agree with the check road.
      But how do we proceed?
      Do we just keep calling if he starts betting, and bet ourselves if he checks?
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Hi,

Few things, I don't think you need to 3bet quite that big here. Also I think his range for continuing pre is probably tight. something like TT-QQ, QKs+, AQ, AK some combos of those.

I kind of like checking back in this spot to pot control, realize some equity, but not sure if I'm just being results oriented and leveling myself. I just don't really expect him to get it in light here and expect to see QQ-JJ a lot, I would also check back Ah here imo.

serverm07.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      Hi.

Thanks.
      But how do we proceed?
      We can call a turn bet vs him since we have a lot of outs unless he has Axhh and if he checks it's a tough spot between betting and checking back. I think I could have some QxKh and also Ahx in my range but I think I'm unlikely to 3bet Axo here so probably only Ahx is like AA exactly which I would also check back and stuff like 97ss, I will have to think a bit more about this.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by serverm07
      Hi.

Thanks.
      But how do we proceed?
      We can call a turn bet vs him since we have a lot of outs unless he has Axhh and if he checks it's a tough spot between betting and checking back. I think I could have some QxKh and also Ahx in my range but I think I'm unlikely to 3bet Axo here so probably only Ahx is like AA exactly which I would also check back and stuff like 97ss, I will have to think a bit more about this.
      Want some stats?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Thanks.
      But how do we proceed?
      I think we almost always have best hand if he checks turn again so we should just bet Turn and River and hope to get called by AQ and KQ. If we get check/raised though, that's gonna be tough. Not too sure how often people take delayed CR bluff lines at NL50 FR.