[NL2-NL10] Kk Mp

    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.09.2012 Posts: 450
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.75)
      BB ($2.70)
      UTG ($1.96)
      UTG+1 ($0.75)
      Hero ($2.40)
      MP1 ($2)
      MP2 ($2.76)
      CO ($1.67)
      BTN ($0.72)

      Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:diamond:

      fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.07, fold

      FLOP ($0.18) 8:heart: J:heart: 9:club:

      SB bets $0.09, Hero calls $0.09

      TURN ($0.36) 8:heart: J:heart: 9:club: Q:spade:

      SB bets $0.17, Hero calls $0.17

      RIVER ($0.70) 8:heart: J:heart: 9:club: Q:spade: 2:spade:

      SB bets $0.33, Hero folds

      SB wins $0.67


      Villain was unknown but didnt seem fishy

      Flop comes out very bad for me, and his donk bet made me think he could have already floped a straight here, though he could have strong Jx hand here too so I just call with plan to reevaluate on the turn

      turn card is again bad one but I call here thinking I have overpair and could get a gutter...his bet didnt seem that strong....I think I should have maybe folded here, just gonna be confused with river

      river is basically blank and he continues with his agression...though bet isnt that strong, he could be trying to get some more value from me betting on smaller side so that I can call or he could be block betting....as the play went I think I should have called here since I called the turn and river doesnt change much

      Not sure should I have raised on the flop or just give up on the turn after one more bad card...
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Hi Lavek,

      Preflop: looks fine

      Postflop: Villain is on the shorter side so he may be recreational/fishy.

      I do recommend raising the flop, and if you think he is passive we can raise/fold the flop.

      He can have Tx/TT/Jx hands and potential flush draws with that small bet. So we need to raise for value and some protection.

      As played, we either fold turn or call river blanks as well. I think that folding turn there is better because a lot of the hands he donked got there like Tx, TT/JQ and he can still bet sets/2p.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.09.2012 Posts: 450
      thanks for your reply

      what should I do if he for example shoves on my flop raise? Just go broke here and hope he is on some draw that wont hit or fold?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      thanks for your reply

      what should I do if he for example shoves on my flop raise? Just go broke here and hope he is on some draw that wont hit or fold?
      You said that you don't think he is a fishy player which implies he may be passive.

      When he shoves it's a matter of pot odds and how we do versus a range he shoves. So let's equilab that and post here the results (and the range you chose).

      Generally speaking we are not doing well versus a shove unless he shoves Jx hands.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.09.2012 Posts: 450
      I got only 20 hands of him and he had 33/17 AF 2.5, but I dont take this as enough hands to make conclusions, but I definately dont think he is passive

      so I have put him on a range that may shove here

      88+,AQs+,ATs-A9s,KJs+,J9s-J8s,T9s, 49.412%
      vs my
      KdKh 50.588%

      on 8hJh9c board


      so it is more of a coinflip side, and I think by that in the long run folding or calling is almost the same here, right?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      I got only 20 hands of him and he had 33/17 AF 2.5, but I dont take this as enough hands to make conclusions, but I definately dont think he is passive

      so I have put him on a range that may shove here

      88+,AQs+,ATs-A9s,KJs+,J9s-J8s,T9s, 49.412%
      vs my
      KdKh 50.588%

      on 8hJh9c board


      so it is more of a coinflip side, and I think by that in the long run folding or calling is almost the same here, right?
      Once you raise and you get shoved on your pot odds will be a lot less than 50%.

      Depending on how much we raise to we would need 30-40%.

      However, I think that you gave him too wide of a range. For example A9s includes all A9s and I doubt he shoves Ad9d.

      In equilab you have to use the "suite selector" option to select suites (or just type them out).
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.09.2012 Posts: 450
      after I modifeid his suited hands to hearts only I get different results though

      88+,AhKh,AhQh,AhTh,Ah9h,KhQh,KJ 57.797%

      KdKh 42.203%


      so now I am heading more towards folding here...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      after I modifeid his suited hands to hearts only I get different results though

      88+,AhKh,AhQh,AhTh,Ah9h,KhQh,KJ 57.797%

      KdKh 42.203%


      so now I am heading more towards folding here...
      Yes, it will get closer to a fold unless you start adding in AJ hands or you have some aggressive image where he can also shove hands like KT.