This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 66 MP hitting set on coordinated flop

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.79)
      BB ($2.89)
      UTG ($0.47)
      UTG+1 ($2.70)
      Hero ($2)
      MP1 ($2.09)
      CO ($2.11)
      BTN ($0.87)

Dealt to Hero 6:heart: 6:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, BB checks

FLOP ($0.09) 4:club: 5:spade: 6:club:

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.08, MP1 raises to $0.33, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $0.25

TURN ($0.75) 4:club: 5:spade: 6:club: Q:spade:

Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.72, Hero raises to $1.65 (AI), MP1 calls $0.93

RIVER ($4.05) 4:club: 5:spade: 6:club: Q:spade: 7:heart:

Hero shows 6:heart: 6:spade:
      (Pre 81%, Flop 97.4%, Turn 100.0%)

MP1 shows 5:diamond: 4:diamond:
      (Pre 19%, Flop 2.6%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero wins $3.85

Villain stats are 20/12 AF 1 over 50 hands...think he was unknown basically to me in this hand

I limp behind because I cant really isolate with this hand..

On flop I like my set so I bet big for value, getting raised this big got me thinking that villain could flop straight already, but I think he could also had a weaker set....I took allot of time here thinking and was little bit scared of his holding so I call

question, in this spot, should I have raised it here and go broke?

turn card doesnt change much for me, I check in hopes to get to showdown, he bets strong again here...and I said to myself that he could really be doing this with a weaker set and if he really flopped that straight here, tough luck for me...so I just shove it all in

was pretty tough decision for me in this spot
  • 2 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey HrabriLavek,

Preflop is fine. You certainly could isolate with this hand, but depending on position and players left to act, limping behind is a decent option. If you were first to act I would definitely raise it up.

I would probably re-raise and go broke immediately on the flop. If your opponent has a made straight you still have a reasonable amount of equity. On the other hand if your opponent has 2pair/overpair/lower-set and the turn is any , 3, or 7 you may lose action.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      thanks, was somehow drawn towards that but got scared of the board :)