BB ($0.59)
      UTG ($2)
      UTG+1 ($0.72)
      UTG+2 ($2.23)
      Hero ($2)
      CO ($0.87)
      BTN ($2.17)

Dealt to Hero K:club: K:heart:

fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, SB calls $0.09, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.32) T:club: 8:spade: A:club:

SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.18, SB calls $0.18, UTG+2 calls $0.18

TURN ($0.86) T:club: 8:spade: A:club: 7:club:

SB checks, UTG+2 bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.02

RIVER ($0.92) T:club: 8:spade: A:club: 7:club: K:diamond:

SB checks, UTG+2 bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, SB folds

UTG+2 shows A:spade: 7:spade:
      (Pre 32%, Flop 86.1%, Turn 75.0%)

Hero shows K:club: K:heart:
      (Pre 68%, Flop 13.9%, Turn 25.0%)

Hero wins $1.18

MP stats 36/8 AF 3.2 over 250 hands
      SB stats are 58/1 AF 0.8 over 100 hands

I isolate here the limper and get a call from another loose passive guy

I bet on the flop to take the pot down because I think they rarely have Ax in their range which is pretty wide, but both call me so I think some could have it or they are chasing the flush here

turn card completes flush, I dont like it that much as it also makes 9J good here...I plan to fold on any bigger agression, I call this min bet here

river is nice for me but Im still afraid MP could have some weak flush here so I just call his weak bet and go to showdown...would a raise here be better as it could also be he is block betting me with weaker hand?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: The flop cbet is a bit thin but we still have some value from the many draws.

They do NOT rarely have the Ax. The limper can have any Ax and SB can have all the aces too because he is really fishy .

So overall there are a lot of Ax in their range as these type of boards are hit by a limpers range.

I recommend equilabing some ranges to see how they actually hit them.

As played just calling the turn is fine with our NFD and on the river we should look at raising for value.

Again, Ax is very possible in both of their range and draws would of probably bet bigger/raised on the turn.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      considering I check the flop, and someone leads out on that turn card but not by that much...lets say 1/3 - 1/2 of the pot, is it better for me to call here and try to get to showdown or just quit because they probably might have an Ax here

thanks
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      considering I check the flop, and someone leads out on that turn card but not by that much...lets say 1/3 - 1/2 of the pot, is it better for me to call here and try to get to showdown or just quit because they probably might have an Ax here

thanks
      Since we have the NFD we can still call a smaller bet. We have roughly 9 outs which is 18% equity. We can also count 2 Kx as outs which brings us to 22%.

A 1/2 bet gives us roughly 25% pot odds and we have some implied odds.