UTG ($0.70)
      UTG+1 ($3.85)
      UTG+2 ($2.11)
      MP1 ($0.99)
      MP2 ($1.96)
      Hero ($2)
      BTN ($2.06)

Dealt to Hero 6:spade: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, SB calls $0.07, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.20) J:club: A:club: 8:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, SB calls $0.10

TURN ($0.40) J:club: A:club: 8:diamond: Q:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.40) J:club: A:club: 8:diamond: Q:heart: 5:heart:

SB bets $0.42 (AI), Hero folds

SB wins $0.38

I try and isolate limper here as I know he is very loose and passive and I think my suited ace will be good enough, I get a caller on SB who was unknown at the time but after 50 hands turned out quite loose

On the flop I cbet in hopes just to take it down, after he calls Im quitting this hand and try to check it to the river...he went all in on river and I didnt feel like calling here with my weak kicked + the Q on the turn completed lots of straight draws

not sure was there anything else special I should have looked for here or its just standard stuff(think it was but just want to make sure)
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      Hey HrabriLavek,

Flop cbet isn't purely to take the hand down, you should occasionally get called by Jx, QK, 9T, fds etc. For this reason I wouldn't mind a 2nd barrel here on most turns. The Q turn is not that great however, KT, 9T, QJ get there etc, and since you are against a shortstack, betting the turn causes you to become committed in a situation where you don't really want to be.

I think you played the hand fine.