This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A6s MP

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.60)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($0.70)
      UTG+1 ($3.85)
      UTG+2 ($2.11)
      MP1 ($0.99)
      MP2 ($1.96)
      Hero ($2)
      BTN ($2.06)

Dealt to Hero 6:spade: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, SB calls $0.07, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.20) J:club: A:club: 8:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, SB calls $0.10

TURN ($0.40) J:club: A:club: 8:diamond: Q:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.40) J:club: A:club: 8:diamond: Q:heart: 5:heart:

SB bets $0.42 (AI), Hero folds

SB wins $0.38

I try and isolate limper here as I know he is very loose and passive and I think my suited ace will be good enough, I get a caller on SB who was unknown at the time but after 50 hands turned out quite loose

On the flop I cbet in hopes just to take it down, after he calls Im quitting this hand and try to check it to the river...he went all in on river and I didnt feel like calling here with my weak kicked + the Q on the turn completed lots of straight draws

not sure was there anything else special I should have looked for here or its just standard stuff(think it was but just want to make sure)
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey HrabriLavek,

Flop cbet isn't purely to take the hand down, you should occasionally get called by Jx, QK, 9T, fds etc. For this reason I wouldn't mind a 2nd barrel here on most turns. The Q turn is not that great however, KT, 9T, QJ get there etc, and since you are against a shortstack, betting the turn causes you to become committed in a situation where you don't really want to be.

I think you played the hand fine.