[NL2-NL10] bvb

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed,
      villain is reg, no big history with him but he seems tag.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10)
      BB ($10.05)
      CO ($12.70)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.70, Hero raises to $1.90, BB raises to $3.10, Hero calls $1.20

FLOP ($6.20) 2:heart: 6:heart: 4:diamond:

Hero checks, BB bets $4.65, Hero raises to $6.90 (AI), BB calls $2.25

TURN ($20) 2:heart: 6:heart: 4:diamond: J:spade:

RIVER ($20) 2:heart: 6:heart: 4:diamond: J:spade: 7:heart:

Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:heart:
      (Pre 17%, Flop 9.1%, Turn 4.5%)

BB shows K:diamond: K:heart:
      (Pre 83%, Flop 90.9%, Turn 95.5%)

BB wins $18.67

When he throws in 5b he sure looks strong, also amount is suspicious. Usually I'm getting it in bvb but in this spot I wanted to see flop. Is it better to just shove preflop or play OOP?

Postflop I could fold since only KK and AA beats us and he's not doing it with this small PP, so I think going broke is ok here. Despite preflop action which is really strong from his side (but also my line is strong so he's never bluffing here with pure air, probably not even with AK).
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: Why are we calling the 5-bet here?

5-bets, regardless of size (100 BB deep) are rarely a bluff and these reggie guys will do it often with AA/KK.

However, since you seem to like your hand why not just shove it preflop? You are already investing a third of your stack and you have a PSB on the flop. You don't want him getting away (potentially from AK).

So if you don't expect him to bluff AK or bet worse why are we going with the hand? You roughly need 33% equity.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      If this guy is a reg, and he still min 3bets it, it is 11/10 times KK or aces.