[NL2-NL10] Kk Ip

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed.
      villain is a reg playing quite tight (hm tells us 17/14/ with 5,5 3b which I didn't have the exact infos while playing the hand)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.78)
      BB ($29.70)
      UTG ($11.98)
      UTG+1 ($11.06)
      CO ($7.30)
      Hero ($11.64)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, BB raises to $3.05, fold, Hero calls $2.15

FLOP ($6.45) J:heart: 2:club: 6:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.70, BB raises to $5.40, Hero raises to $8.59 (AI), BB calls $3.19

TURN ($23.63) J:heart: 2:club: 6:spade: 6:diamond:

RIVER ($23.63) J:heart: 2:club: 6:spade: 6:diamond: T:heart:

BB shows A:heart: A:club:
      (Pre 81%, Flop 91.6%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows K:diamond: K:spade:
      (Pre 19%, Flop 8.4%, Turn 4.5%)

BB wins $22.06

His 4b is very big...so I was thinking whether that's super strong range or not. My line is if good dry flop comes I'm going broke, even though he might have AA. Is this kind of thinking bad considering I know he's a reg and doesn't go broke easily?

Flop c/minr is super strong and at this moment we beat only QQ, since JJ and AA have us beat. I wasn't playing my best game so I said to myself "if he has he has it" and shoved. Question is whether I was able to fold this while playing my A game. Is folding KK in this situation playing NL10 good play or -EV?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey yaxkukmian,

His range could easily be KK+, and if you knew that was the case, folding would be the correct option.

Most people go with their KK here hoping that villain is cold-4betting AK/QQ and wider. I'd just ship the money in pf, you don't want villain getting away from AK/QQ on bad boards.

As played I don't think you should ever be folding with an overpair in a 4bet pot (especially after you've put over half your stack in), so despite the strength of villains line I'm going with the hand. I don't really think villain is ever folding vs your shove, but if he was, flatting flop-raise would be best.