[NL2-NL10] 99 flatting IP

• yaxkukmian
      no hud, speed.

SB is reg, who likes to 3b from the blinds but then cbets/shuts down if misses.
      BB reg, somewhat tight but likes to call a lot when hits sth.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.20)
      BB ($10.81)
      UTG ($17.53)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($6.95)
      Hero ($9.75)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: 9:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $0.90, BB calls $0.80, Hero calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.70) 6:spade: 2:diamond: 5:diamond:

SB bets $1.35, BB folds, Hero calls $1.35

TURN ($5.40) 6:spade: 2:diamond: 5:diamond: K:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($5.40) 6:spade: 2:diamond: 5:diamond: K:spade: 3:diamond:

SB bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80

Hero shows 9:spade: 9:club:
      (Pre 72%, Flop 69.1%, Turn 84.1%)

SB shows Q:spade: 4:diamond:
      (Pre 28%, Flop 30.9%, Turn 15.9%)

SB wins $8.40

Like I said my plan is to cold call flop and if he checks take it on the turn.

Turn comes bad for me and his range so I decide to just check behind despite all FD and SD.

When he bets river he might hit some flush or has some PP which usually beats me. I called because "I had to". :facepalm:

How would you play against this player after seeing his hand? He's probably capable also of some 5b bluffs or I can comfortably 4b bluff him more often IP?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: With two people in the pot we get better odds for set mining there.

Postflop: It looks like villain semibluffed 3-way there but I tend to give respect to players that 3-bet and then cbet multiway. It's rarely pure bluffs so I would look at folding that turn.

Now, if we have any reason to believe that he bets anything anyway calling is fine (with the idea of getting to showdown).

As played we can expect a lot of his bluffs/Kx/AA hands to bet that turn so when he checks his hand is possibly TT-QQ so calling that small thin like river bet (without knowing that he can bluff for that amount) is a small mistake. He can also have weak Kx that he 3-bet as bluff and doesn't want to bet turn with.