[NL2-NL10] nl10 ak(o) bad beat right or wrong played

• 6 replies
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      first:
      this is NOT a bad beat. why:

1.u where against two opponents.AK vs QQ only is 45-55. same goes for AK vs 22.
      so that 2 on the river is not a bad beat since u went all in pre flop - thus odds where about even.

But, if u where playing for instance - bet flop, go all in on turn and than we spiked the 2 - than it was a bad beat, because u didnt dive him the odds to spike it, and it was like 1-20 for him. or 95% for u if u wish.

but since u went all in pre flop the general odds are 45-55.

did i make myself clear about it? if not, please say so i can try to explain it again.

2.there was a raise and a re-raise pre flop. i think u have to play here only AA and KK according to sss strategy for beginners.re-read it again.
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      thank you for your reply shloogy!
      i understand everything and I guess that I should have folded in this case.
      the thing is that the sss seems a bit too conservative to me. I know that it would pay out in the long run but I'm just sick n tired waiting for the top hands while everybody around me wins with J high.
      I played SnGs for some time, because you can think a bit more depending on the situation that you are in and just play "out of the box" a bit, but i guess you can gain more in the cash games - thats why i went back on them.
      so the thing that I am doing right now is studying different types of play, combining them and playing only two tables at the same time so that way I am getting more reads on my opponents.
      please tel me your opinion on that. So far its working for me, but is it a right way to play? Should I just go back to plain strategy?
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      1.only at the beginning sss is conservative.u wish u could play at higher limits like u (should) play on the micros.the thing is on the micros, is that u dont have to make any fancy moves, just wait for ur hand and u will get paid.

the more u advance the more knowledge u will have to gain.
      moves like bluff,semi-bluff,check raise,squeeze steals and re-stelas will be an essential weapons in your arsenal.

sss can be only played in one way and that is the mathematically correct way.a perfect play will lead u to a positive results.

the results come in only one shape: BB\100.
      that means that for every 100 hand that u play on average u earn xBB.
      the more u play, u will be able to determine whether u play EV+ or EV-.
      after about 10k hands u will be able to see a general image.

BB\100 applies on sss as well as bss.so it doesn't matter what strategy u prefer.

master sss is not easy at all, first u will need to learn a begginer's perfect pre flop play.
      the post flop play is the most difficult since there, is where most players lose their edge and thus breakeven or losing player.

Don't try other stateliness. u need to gain a lot of experience.

".....you can gain more in the cash games..." - different games different strategies.
      every game can be beaten.focus on what u have started.

"...So far its working for me" - not enough sample size.don't concentrate on reads, u simply don't have and it will make ur progress last longer.wait for ur position,hand and u will get paid.build up a bankroll, and wisely climb up the limits.

good luck :)
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      Wow!
      I did not even expect an answer like that.
      Maybe I should multitable a bit more with the sss so I don't have time to think for nothing fancy.
      thank you very much for yor help!
      and see you at the tables! (when i get a lot more experience I hope :D )
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      u will never shine if u wont glow...
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi NRGBlaze,

according to basic sss you should fold ako after a raise and reraise.

Best Regards Ysessa