[NL2-NL10] KK 4-bet pot

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Played this different than usual, I honestly thought he was trapping me with AA, he seemed like a reg playing 6 tables so I don't think he's flat calling a 4-bet with anything other than maybe QQ+ usually. so I checked behind on the flop to see what he did but either way I'm getting it all in. Anyway it looks more like I trapped him in the end.

Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $17.72 - VPIP: 46, PFR: 43, 3B: 20, AF: 1.9, Hands: 37
      BB: $10.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 23, 3B: 14, AF: 1.0, Hands: 13
      UTG: $10.00 - VPIP: 8, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 12
      MP: $14.88 - VPIP: 93, PFR: 24, 3B: 9, AF: 1.3, Hands: 29
      Hero (CO): $10.72
      BTN: $13.20 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 2.7, Hands: 30

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with K:diamond: K:spade:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $1.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.80, 1 fold, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) J:diamond: 4:spade: 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($6.25) T:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $3.00, Hero raises to $7.92, BB calls $4.20 all in

River: ($20.65) T:diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $20.65
      BB shows 9:diamond: 9:club:
      Hero shows K:diamond: K:spade:
      Hero wins $19.72
      (Rake: $0.93)
  • 6 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey sketchzr,

I'd probably bet around $2 on the flop to protect my hand, potentially induce action, and make it easier to get stacks in on turn.

There is nothing too bad with a flop check back. Situation is close to being a way ahead way behind spot. Opponent either has a hand like AA/JJ, or he has something AK/AQ/TT/QK which won't want to call a large bet.

You might be missing value from QQ/AJ, or maybe even AK/AQ if he wants to get fancy.

On the turn your line is ok, hopefully villain feels priced in with AQ/AK/AJ/QQ/QK etc.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey sketchzr,

I'd probably bet around $2 on the flop to protect my hand, potentially induce action, and make it easier to get stacks in on turn.

There is nothing too bad with a flop check back. Situation is close to being a way ahead way behind spot. Opponent either has a hand like AA/JJ, or he has something AK/AQ/TT/QK which won't want to call a large bet.

You might be missing value from QQ/AJ, or maybe even AK/AQ if he wants to get fancy.

On the turn your line is ok, hopefully villain feels priced in with AQ/AK/AJ/QQ/QK etc.
      I agree betting flop makes most sense, my check was kind of an "experiment" as I've never usually held back in this situation, and I actually thought opponent was ahead on the flop.
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      as w34z3l said, i would be more inclined to bet 1/3 on flop, then jam almost all turns.

as played, i would consider calling turn and calling river to allow villain to continue his bluffs. we are not worried about too many hands, as I can't see villain squeezing 44/55 very often. it is possible villain has AA/JJ/TT, but at NL10 there are so many Jx hands/random spews that we can get value from that i like 1/3 and jamming, as played call/call after check back
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by yougotfelted51
      as played, i would consider calling turn and calling river to allow villain to continue his bluffs.
      This is certainly true, I did consider this for a while. I don't think villain is (pure) bluffing very often though, and it would be a shame if we missed value from AK/AQ/QK if he shuts down on the river. Also he'd need to be bluffing $4.20 into a pot of around $12 on the river and I'm just not sure if he's ever doing it. Your point is valid though.
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      that is a very good point as well in regards to the river sizing for a bluff.
      in my experience i have found players at NL10 to be pretty poor overall, and would still bluff river despite our great odds to call
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yougotfelted51
      that is a very good point as well in regards to the river sizing for a bluff.
      in my experience i have found players at NL10 to be pretty poor overall, and would still bluff river despite our great odds to call
      I don't think it really makes much sense he's flatting my 4-bet with 99, there's no reason to think I'm 4-betting light so I'm not sure what his plan was exactly.
      I think on the turn I can pretty much always get villain to put the rest of his stack in anyway, don't see any reason waiting til the river personally.