This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK 4-bet pot

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Played this different than usual, I honestly thought he was trapping me with AA, he seemed like a reg playing 6 tables so I don't think he's flat calling a 4-bet with anything other than maybe QQ+ usually. so I checked behind on the flop to see what he did but either way I'm getting it all in. Anyway it looks more like I trapped him in the end.

Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $17.72 - VPIP: 46, PFR: 43, 3B: 20, AF: 1.9, Hands: 37
      BB: $10.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 23, 3B: 14, AF: 1.0, Hands: 13
      UTG: $10.00 - VPIP: 8, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 12
      MP: $14.88 - VPIP: 93, PFR: 24, 3B: 9, AF: 1.3, Hands: 29
      Hero (CO): $10.72
      BTN: $13.20 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 2.7, Hands: 30

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with K:diamond: K:spade:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $1.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.80, 1 fold, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) J:diamond: 4:spade: 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($6.25) T:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $3.00, Hero raises to $7.92, BB calls $4.20 all in

River: ($20.65) T:diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $20.65
      BB shows 9:diamond: 9:club:
      Hero shows K:diamond: K:spade:
      Hero wins $19.72
      (Rake: $0.93)
  • 6 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey sketchzr,

I'd probably bet around $2 on the flop to protect my hand, potentially induce action, and make it easier to get stacks in on turn.

There is nothing too bad with a flop check back. Situation is close to being a way ahead way behind spot. Opponent either has a hand like AA/JJ, or he has something AK/AQ/TT/QK which won't want to call a large bet.

You might be missing value from QQ/AJ, or maybe even AK/AQ if he wants to get fancy.

On the turn your line is ok, hopefully villain feels priced in with AQ/AK/AJ/QQ/QK etc.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey sketchzr,

I'd probably bet around $2 on the flop to protect my hand, potentially induce action, and make it easier to get stacks in on turn.

There is nothing too bad with a flop check back. Situation is close to being a way ahead way behind spot. Opponent either has a hand like AA/JJ, or he has something AK/AQ/TT/QK which won't want to call a large bet.

You might be missing value from QQ/AJ, or maybe even AK/AQ if he wants to get fancy.

On the turn your line is ok, hopefully villain feels priced in with AQ/AK/AJ/QQ/QK etc.
      I agree betting flop makes most sense, my check was kind of an "experiment" as I've never usually held back in this situation, and I actually thought opponent was ahead on the flop.
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      as w34z3l said, i would be more inclined to bet 1/3 on flop, then jam almost all turns.

as played, i would consider calling turn and calling river to allow villain to continue his bluffs. we are not worried about too many hands, as I can't see villain squeezing 44/55 very often. it is possible villain has AA/JJ/TT, but at NL10 there are so many Jx hands/random spews that we can get value from that i like 1/3 and jamming, as played call/call after check back
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by yougotfelted51
      as played, i would consider calling turn and calling river to allow villain to continue his bluffs.
      This is certainly true, I did consider this for a while. I don't think villain is (pure) bluffing very often though, and it would be a shame if we missed value from AK/AQ/QK if he shuts down on the river. Also he'd need to be bluffing $4.20 into a pot of around $12 on the river and I'm just not sure if he's ever doing it. Your point is valid though.
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      that is a very good point as well in regards to the river sizing for a bluff.
      in my experience i have found players at NL10 to be pretty poor overall, and would still bluff river despite our great odds to call
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yougotfelted51
      that is a very good point as well in regards to the river sizing for a bluff.
      in my experience i have found players at NL10 to be pretty poor overall, and would still bluff river despite our great odds to call
      I don't think it really makes much sense he's flatting my 4-bet with 99, there's no reason to think I'm 4-betting light so I'm not sure what his plan was exactly.
      I think on the turn I can pretty much always get villain to put the rest of his stack in anyway, don't see any reason waiting til the river personally.