[NL2-NL10] AJo my favourite hand

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      I'm not sure what this hand has to do with CO but he wasn't at all involved in this hand.

At what point should I fold here if at all? I don't know what hands villain is raising this was like my 2nd hand at this table I think.

Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $9.06 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 19, 3B: 15, AF: 0.0, Hands: 53
      CO: $6.59 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 4, 3B: 0, AF: 2.0, Hands: 45
      BTN: $11.92 - VPIP: 32, PFR: 18, 3B: 0, AF: 1.5, Hands: 34
      Hero (SB): $9.90
      BB: $11.39 - VPIP: 37, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 27
      UTG: $12.19 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 8, 3B: 4, AF: 3.5, Hands: 134

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with A:diamond: J:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.50) 7:diamond: 7:heart: K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($0.50) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BB raises to $1.10, Hero calls $0.80

River: ($2.70) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $3.00, Hero calls $3

Final Pot: $13.40
      CO shows T:heart: K:spade:
      Hero mucks A:diamond: J:spade:
      BB shows 7:club: 8:club:
      CO wins $5.16
      (Rake: $-4.77)
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

PReflop: Do you normally raise just 2.5x vs BB? We should raise at least 3x especially considering he is fishy and full stacked.

Postflop: Checking that flop is fine given that you have little FE OOP bvb there so unless you plan to barrel 2-3 streets ck/folding is fine.

Unless we've seen villain bluff raise before his line looks like a slowplayed 7x or pure bluiff. So given we have no info I would consider this more towards value so we can consider bet/folding the turn. What range did you put him on?
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

PReflop: Do you normally raise just 2.5x vs BB? We should raise at least 3x especially considering he is fishy and full stacked.

Postflop: Checking that flop is fine given that you have little FE OOP bvb there so unless you plan to barrel 2-3 streets ck/folding is fine.

Unless we've seen villain bluff raise before his line looks like a slowplayed 7x or pure bluiff. So given we have no info I would consider this more towards value so we can consider bet/folding the turn. What range did you put him on?
      I thought Ax or pure air tbh, didn't consider any 7x hands and at the time I'm not sure how fishy opponent is, it's now pretty clear his overbet on river is for pure value against Ax so I think I could atleast fold there if I call turn.

2.5x is just my standard steal size from btn/sb but I usually raise 3x with strong hands so not sure why I didn't with this one.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by sketchzr
      Hi Sketchzr,

I thought Ax or pure air tbh, didn't consider any 7x hands and at the time I'm not sure how fishy opponent is, it's now pretty clear his overbet on river is for pure value against Ax so I think I could atleast fold there if I call turn.

2.5x is just my standard steal size from btn/sb but I usually raise 3x with strong hands so not sure why I didn't with this one.
      Against fish you normally raise stronger ranges and thus we should raise bigger for value.

If you play against regs making it 3x with good hands and 2.5x with the rest is an easy bet sizing tell so I recommend against it.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Against fish you normally raise stronger ranges and thus we should raise bigger for value.

If you play against regs making it 3x with good hands and 2.5x with the rest is an easy bet sizing tell so I recommend against it.
      What if I mix that up randomly so sometimes I'm raising 2.5x with strong hands /3x with weaker also? I read somewhere to raise smaller for blindsteal because it's usually just as effective and you risk less
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic

What if I mix that up randomly so sometimes I'm raising 2.5x with strong hands /3x with weaker also? I read somewhere to raise smaller for blindsteal because it's usually just as effective and you risk less
      Why would you mix amounts?

Why can't you make it 2.5x every time or 3x everytime?

At the micros you can get away with 2.5x your entire range on BTN with regs in the blinds, 2x with 1-2 short/mid stacks, 3x+ with fish.

From SB I don't like 2.5x versus regs because you are giving them a great price to play with you IP either by 3-betting you more or calling more.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze

Why would you mix amounts?

Why can't you make it 2.5x every time or 3x everytime?

At the micros you can get away with 2.5x your entire range on BTN with regs in the blinds, 2x with 1-2 short/mid stacks, 3x+ with fish.

From SB I don't like 2.5x versus regs because you are giving them a great price to play with you IP either by 3-betting you more or calling more.
      Dunno lol just throwing it out there, thanks for the advice