[NL2-NL10] QQs Nl 2

• seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $3.28 (164 bb)
      UTG: $1.30 (65 bb)
      MP: $1.91 (95.5 bb)
      CO: $2 (100 bb)
      BTN: $2.30 (115 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2.11 (105.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q Q
      UTG calls $0.02, 2 folds, BTN raises to $0.05, Hero raises to $0.18, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.13

Flop: ($0.40) J A 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18

Should I have bet here? Wanted to play WAWB OOP. Decided to call down

Turn: ($0.76) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.76) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.54, Hero calls $0.54

Results:
      $1.84 pot ($0.06 rake)
      Final Board: J A 9 3 8
      BTN showed 8 8 and won $1.78 ($0.88 net)
      Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$0.90 net)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Seran,

Preflop: I prefer raising bigger preflop, especially OOP.

Postflop: Do we have any information on the opponent?

His calling range preflop can contain a lot of Ax hands and some pairs so I'm not thrilled ck/calling that hand.

IF we bet we can attempt to take down the pot and occasionally get called by worse (like a JK/JQ/JT hand). Once we check it's very hard for us to get to showdown unless villain is passive or we have reads on him.

So I would prefer bet/fold over ck/call vs unknown.
    • seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      Villain was 58/14 over 55 hands. This is the only info i got on him. On what occasions do I chk call/ bet fold. When do i cbet flop when I see over cards(not sure if over cards is the right term) on the flop agianst a TAG or a loose player?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by seranpoker
      Villain was 58/14 over 55 hands. This is the only info i got on him. On what occasions do I chk call/ bet fold. When do i cbet flop when I see over cards(not sure if over cards is the right term) on the flop agianst a TAG or a loose player?
      How aggressive was he over these 55 hands? Generally speaking you should have a bit more information about someone that played 60% of the last 55 hands at the table (that's why paying attention is really helpful).

If he was passive so far I don't mind checking and if he bets bigger we can get out of the way because he usually has an Ax hand and if he bets smaller like here we may peel one street with the intention of folding turn.

If he has been a calling station then cbetting is a much more viable option because we still have value.

The A is a special overcard because fish just love to play any Ax so they hit this often.

The biggest recommendation I can make is raise bigger preflop versus such players.