This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Aa

    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.08.2009 Posts: 222
      Checking back on the river good idea? villain is relatively unknown fish.


      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

      BB: $21.40 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 16, 3B: 11, AF: 3.0, Hands: 51
      Hero (UTG): $10.00
      MP: $10.00 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 12, 3B: 8, AF: 0.0, Hands: 33
      CO: $10.87 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 14, 3B: 6, AF: 3.0, Hands: 108
      BTN: $10.15 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 26, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 35
      SB: $10.61 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 6, 3B: 0, AF: 1.2, Hands: 48

      Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with A:diamond: A:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

      Flop: ($0.70) K:diamond: J:club: 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.05, SB calls $0.75

      Turn: ($2.80) 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.60, SB calls $1.60

      River: ($6.00) J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

      Final Pot: $6.00
      Hero shows A:diamond: A:spade:
      SB shows T:heart: K:heart:
      Hero wins $5.73
      (Rake: $0.27)
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 03.08.2009 Posts: 13,332
      Hey sketchzr,

      I prefer a slightly smaller raise on the flop - you don't want to scare out those pair+gutshot type hands. Even with a Kx it's pretty scary facing such a large raise.

      Turn is ok to bet again for value. SB re-raises his nutted hands on the flop. Strongest he can have is J9/K9.

      On the river you may have some thin value, but I wouldn't bet more than $2 or so, you need to get called by a Kx which might be a little harder when J pairs.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.08.2009 Posts: 222
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey sketchzr,

      I prefer a slightly smaller raise on the flop - you don't want to scare out those pair+gutshot type hands. Even with a Kx it's pretty scary facing such a large raise.

      Turn is ok to bet again for value. SB re-raises his nutted hands on the flop. Strongest he can have is J9/K9.

      On the river you may have some thin value, but I wouldn't bet more than $2 or so, you need to get called by a Kx which might be a little harder when J pairs.
      I think I raised this big to protect vs. draws, also I think whenever a fish is donking into you they're not usually folding to a raise so I think there is some grounds for such a substantial raise, but typically I think about 0.80 is ok.

      I never really feel to confident in betting paired turns especially with a Jx hand not being so unlikely with this opponent, I find people always check back to you when hitting trips on the river and you're leading, relatively speaking anyway.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 03.08.2009 Posts: 13,332
      Originally posted by sketchzr
      I think I raised this big to protect vs. draws, also I think whenever a fish is donking into you they're not usually folding to a raise
      Yeah, there is an argument for raising big. Sometimes it can bet better make smaller bets even on drawy boards, if there are already a high percentage of made hands opponent can already have compared to draws. Like Q79ss is a drawy board, but there are a lot less made hands opponent will likely show up with compared to draws they might have.

      There must eventually be a point where you bet so big opponent only calls with 2pairs/sets/TQ on this KJ9 rainbow board etc. It's great if opponent continues with any pair and any gutshot on this board texture.



      Originally posted by sketchzr
      I never really feel to confident in betting paired turns especially with a Jx hand not being so unlikely with this opponent, I find people always check back to you when hitting trips on the river and you're leading, relatively speaking anyway.
      A decent amount of players will donk a J on river in my experience. It's not a mandatory bet for you, especially if you felt 1/3rd pot might induce bluff raises, but there could well be some thin value there.