Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 2073280
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $25.00
      CO: $26.01
      BTN: $27.10
      SB: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with A :diamond: 6 :diamond:
      CO raises to $0.63, BTN calls $0.63, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.60, CO calls $1.97, 1 fold

Flop: ($5.93) 5 :diamond: J :diamond: Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO raises to $8.90, Hero calls $5.90

Turn: ($23.73) A :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($23.73) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $14.51 all in, Hero folds

So in this hand I decided to squeeze because both players looked reggish and I thought it was a nice spot with a nice hand.

1) Should I shove the flop? Calling is kind of suboptimal, but if I calculated correctly I would need 56.68% Equity for a shove, and I don't know if I have enough foldequity. I get the correct odds to call however.

2) There is no way I can ever call the river, right?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

The problem with postflop starts pre imo.. I don't like 3betting this hand that much actually but you can have a reason to do so. I think it plays well enough with a call at a great price closing the action. Once you squeeze though, you need to have a plan for postflop, which includes a good scenario from you where you flop the nut flush draw and face a rather big raise. I think you cannot call here tbh.. The raise is kind of big, when he raises that board he usually has QJ, KTdd, T9dd, JJ, maybe 89dd. Your equity vs a reasonable get it in range should be around 40%

Board: 5:diamond: J:diamond: Q:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    40.85%  40.77%   0.08% { Ad6d }
      MP3    59.15%  59.08%   0.08% { JJ, AQs, QJs, KdQd, KdTd, QdTd, Td9d, 9d8d }

I don't think he raises all AQ combos, but he might.. difference is 1-2%.

This means you can probably shove. You don't have much folding equity against the raise but you don't need it a lot anyway. If you call you need to hit turn otherwise you are screwed so you most definitely don't get the odds to call and if you fold you probably lose more than when getting it in as an overall play.. You already have 22bb in the pot while if you get it in you only lose about 20 with your hand, even less with your range.

LE: As played, I'd usually shove river. You don't have showdown value , he can fold QJ, JJ, Qx of diamonds if he 'misplayed' by checking turn.