DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $11.27
      MP: $28.15
      Hero (CO): $47.53
      BTN: $25.00
      SB: $30.29
      BB: $26.80

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Q :diamond: A :diamond:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 2 folds, BB raises to $2.25, MP calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.85) Q :spade: 3 :spade: 9 :diamond: (3 players)
      BB bets $4.20, MP folds, Hero calls $4.20

Turn: ($15.25) T :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $8.14, Hero folds

The OR is a pretty tight reg, so I saw no real value in 3betting, as it would be a bluff and my hand is too nice for that.
      The unknown BB squeezes and I decide to call.

The flop is a standard call I think, I don't see any sense in raising.
      The problem on the turn is that I don't know anything about the guy, so I can't give him a good range. But I do have to decide whether or not to play for stacks and since I don't think he's bluffing here except maybe AsKs the only hand I'm beating is KQ and maybe QJ. I don't beat QQ+, QTs.
      Is this a good fold and are my assumptions likely correct?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

I think raising flop has quite some sense actually. It can make him spazz with draws and stack off weaker Qx... You are crushed by 10 combos anyway.. Do you think he won't get it a hand like KQ, QJ, QT, flushdraw, JT often enough? When you call you kind of let him do his thing and it makes more sense if you know exactly what he barrels with and you know you rarely have to ever fold, in other words, you can call down for stacks without much doubt.

As played, the logical thing would be to call get it in because the flop call is for the specific reason to let him spew more often than when getting it in with a weak hand. If you didn't call for that reason, then nobody can answer whether it's better to fold turn because we don't have more info on the guy than you unfortunately.