This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Kj Nl4 Sh

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (4 handed) - Party Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

BB ($4.02)
      Hero (UTG) ($6.85)
      SB ($4.29)
      Button ($4.59)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, J
      Hero bets $0.12, Button calls $0.12, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.30) J, 2, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.19, Button calls $0.19

Turn: ($0.68) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, Button calls $0.36

River: ($1.40) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.66, Button raises $2.48, Hero folds

Total pot: $2.72

Should I have bet bigger on the flop? On the turn I didn't bet big because I wanted to keep the pot small. Is this ok? What do you think about my river bet? I thought that I could still take some value from J10, QJ.
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

On the flop you can go for a little bit bigger bet - like $0.22-$0.24, but this is fine as well.

I'd bet like $0.5 on the turn.
      This is the last street where we can take value from his draws.

On the river I'd check/fold.
      Even if he calls QJ/JT (which he probably doesn't) there are more combos of flushes and better Jx that beat us here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hello Plamen!

Would you still c/f the river, if we had HUD and villain`s something like 40-50/10, AF:1-1.5?

I think, c/f is fine against an unknown. But in my scenario we can still have some value (1/2 or slightly less) vs worse Jx (b/f ofc.). Only obvious draw that completes is FD. And passive player is calling Jx all day long (sometimes even 9x).

Cheers,
      John Z.
      (\/) (°,,,°) (\/)
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Against a 50/10 guy I'd be definitely more inclined to bet something like you, since I doubt he'd fold even a 9x here at all.