$51.50
      MP2:
      $50.00
      MP3:
      $52.80
      CO:
      $51.25

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $4.75, MP3 calls $3.25.

Flop: ($9.75) 5, 5, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, MP3 raises to $11.00, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $14.75.

he is unknown,
      reraise against unknown was bad?
      even with AK,value reraise is not good from SB or BB against unknown?
  • 8 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

Against an uknown you probably can't 3bet AQ for value.. it will be very thin.. I would do it from SB but from BB you can just call since you close the action and play postflop. If you think you cannot play well postflop, 3betting will be OK but don't spew postflop whether you hit or not, just make cbets on decent boards, value bet an appropriate amount (TP is not the nuts) and you'll do fine.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hi,

Against an uknown you probably can't 3bet AQ for value.. it will be very thin.. I would do it from SB but from BB you can just call since you close the action and play postflop. If you think you cannot play well postflop, 3betting will be OK but don't spew postflop whether you hit or not, just make cbets on decent boards, value bet an appropriate amount (TP is not the nuts) and you'll do fine.

call with AK from the BB as well?
      I dont want to reraise and fold to 4 bet.
      if its AQ,its easy to give up.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      AK I would 3bet/5bet against just about anyone. I would need a read of them being tighter than average. AK is a superior to AQ, just miles better.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      AK I would 3bet/5bet against just about anyone. I would need a read of them being tighter than average. AK is a superior to AQ, just miles better.

so from BB and SB,even against early position,MP3,unknown,AK is broke?

and from BU and CO,against MP3 and early ,its smooth call?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I didn't say against anyone. Only against someone I know to be tighter than average. I would never flat AK as a default, always 3bet to 5bet BUT I would flat vs tight players (read based, not the default play).
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      I didn't say against anyone. Only against someone I don't know to be tighter than average. I would never flat AK as a default, always 3bet to 5bet BUT I would flat vs tight players (read based, not the default play).
      so you mean from any position,I can go broke with AK,QQ against unknown? ?(
      and only against tight players ,smooth call with AK,QQ?

when it was blind battle or CO VS BB,CO VS BU,BU VS BB ,I was going broke even against tight players,it was also mistake?
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze

when it was blind battle or CO VS BB,CO VS BU,BU VS BB ,I was going broke even against tight players,it was also mistake?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by daisuke3823
      In order to care about position you need to face positionally aware players. This means you have information on them already. MP vs UTG is the only spot where it's very close whether to 3bet AK and QQ for value but at NL25 against uknown it should be fine. Against tight players you need a different 3betting range depending on how much they 4bet and fold to 3bets.

Originally posted by daisuke3823
      Depends again how tight. If players are positionally aware they are quite a bit looser in LP and blinds than UTG. There's no tight or loose there's always a certain point on the spectrum from 0.5% (ace only) to 100% of hands played in each spot preflop.