Henrikov gets a walk with AA

• henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      A new year, with a lot of broken new year's resolutions. Time to get back up on the feet and start a blog here and hit the gym again.

I started the new year with a promise that I only should play MMT and SnG. I think I have to get away from that promise asap because I have a hard time to find a poker room that fulfill my needs. I would like a site with a lot of SnG traffic, a nice cash kickback and be "legal" according to the swedish tax authority. Of the PS partners I think that europoker on Ongame network is the only one that meets my requirements. The problem is that I don't really like the structure of the turbos on ongame.

So I haven't really decide what to play, SnG or cash games. MMT is a no brainer, those I will play.

So far this year I am break even on CG and SnG, but MMT is going pretty good (because of a second play in a $5 ReBuy).

My gools for the next coming weeks:

* Become a diamond (At PS, In real life I am already one :) )
      * Decide if I should focus on CG or SnG
      * Start the rehab training for a broken dream.. sorry I mean broken shoulder.
      * Become more structured in my poker playing. Today it is a f***ing gerilla war.

And the title... In tournaments I always gets a walk with AA. Especially in the late stages. The poker god has a sick sense of homour. It was ok the first trillion times, but now it start to be annoying.

Ok, lets hit the tables!!!
  • 16 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck henrikov!
    • henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      Thanks HollyMichelle!!!!

Ok, Now I have decided to focus on cash games. Im not that good at it, but it is so many upsides which I can't ignore.

I will play NL50. Yeah, Yeah I know. You will say start on a lower limit and learn the game and yada yada yada. But I will start on NL50. I have a bank roll for it, if I run bad or is not good enough I start with NL20/NL25 instead. When I played cash games earlier on NL50 I think I was more or less break even, so this will be interesting.

I haven't been to work today because my son is sick, so I managed to squeeze in 2k hands during the day. I guess I will play an additional 1000-1500 hands later tonight.
    • henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      I transfered money to ladbrokes and started up an account there. Now I will clear some bonus, collect gemstones and get some loyality point. But most of all crush NL50.
      But holy shit, it was extremly fast on that site. I almost couldn't play 6 table similar. For example on party I can play 8 tables AND surf pokerstrategy.com, but on ladbrokes I didn't even manage 6.
      I feel totaly empty after my first session there :) . Well, well. I won 3BI so I guess it was worth it.

Good night and be careful out there......
    • henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      The work to clear my bonus on ladbrokes has started. The bonus is payed out in 5 parts. I have to get 42000 loyalty points to get the whole bonus. That is 736 points per day. I recieved 1010 points today and played 2700 hands. So after doing the math i need to play like 2000 hands EVERY day to get the whole bonus. I will try, but it will be hard.

I post a graph of my first 9000 hands. Now I'm only waiting for my hands to be tracked here. I need them if I should be able to be a diamond this month.

• henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      Great!! Now my ladbrokes account is getting tracked here. It only took like 1 day. Let the gemstone chase begin....
    • henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      I had a really bad poker day yesterday. When I was at the bottom I had lost 10BI. I recovered a bit the last hour and ended up with a lost 6BI. But you just have to get over it. Poker is a marathon not a sprint distans, right?

But it's not that fun when you have lost 20% of your roll in like 2 hours. I felt like I would puke. Actually, it wouldn't be that strange if I did. my whole family, except me, has been ill this week :) .

The only good thing with my poker yesterday was that i had a huge volume of hands. It tends to be that way when you lose alot. You keep playing to win some back.
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey henrikov

good luck with your goals! Yeah downswings suck but are inevitable so you just have to soldier on!!
    • DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      Hey,

But it's not that fun when you have lost 20% of your roll in like 2 hours.
      This should never happen. You are either playing with shallow bankroll or you dont have stop loss. Losing such a big part of your bankroll in a day wont lead to good thnigs bankroll management wise and psychology wise. You should look into that as it may cause you trouble in both short and long run.

Good luck on the tables :f_cool:

Regards,
      DannyJQ
    • Yordi85
      Yordi85
      Bronze
      I follow !
    • henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      Originally posted by legand73
      Hey henrikov

good luck with your goals! Yeah downswings suck but are inevitable so you just have to soldier on!!
      Thanks legand73!!

Originally posted by DannyJQ
      Hey,

This should never happen. You are either playing with shallow bankroll or you dont have stop loss. Losing such a big part of your bankroll in a day wont lead to good thnigs bankroll management wise and psychology wise. You should look into that as it may cause you trouble in both short and long run.
      Yeah, I guess I need to have some kind of stop loss. What is a proper stop loss? 4BI?

Originally posted by Yordi85
      I follow !
      Nice!!!
    • DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by henrikov

Yeah, I guess I need to have some kind of stop loss. What is a proper stop loss? 4BI?
      Really depends on how conservative your BRM is and how many tables you are playing. For some people 3 BI is ok for other 6 BI is ok, you have to figure it out for yourself, but you definitely shouldnt have 20% BR losing days.
    • henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      Had a quite good poker day. + 4-5BI or something like that. I won 3BI the last ten minutes of the session :D .

Well time to go to bed. I have catched a bad cold. I tried to show the body how is in charged by drinking an Irish Coffee that had so much whiskey you could see through it, but it didn't work as expected....
    • henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      And diamonds are forever.....
    • henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      Tonight is tourny night.

I will play 7 tourneys with buyin between $5 and $20. I taking a break from my CG play and bonus chase. I'm before schedual to clear the bonus so it's no problem to squeeze in a tourny day today.
    • henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      Didn't get ITM in any of the 7 tourneys yesterday and on top of that I lost a $200 pot in cashgames. Set vs. set. :s_cry: .... but a new day is dawning.
    • henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      Had a good day today. 3.5BI in winnings and I cleared the first 20% of my bonus and recieved my first $250 bonus cash out.

But I have been through some wild shit the last days. Ok, sometimes I tilt, but this is ridiculous. I guess I had won the best tilt picture if the competition was still on.....