NL200 K9o, 2pair facing turn c/r ott 200BB in 3b pot

• axelphoney
      Prima, $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $211.70 (105.9 bb)
      BB: $292 (146 bb)
      UTG: $216.85 (108.4 bb)
      MP: $187.90 (94 bb)
      CO: $624.37 (312.2 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $398.10 (199.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 K
      UTG folds, MP raises to $6, CO calls $6, Hero raises to $24, 3 folds, CO calls $18

Flop: ($57) Q 3 9 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $25, CO calls $25

Turn: ($107) K (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $65, CO raises to $140, Hero?

Didn't have a lot of hands on villain, probably around 20-40 and he had tagish stats up this point. Zero reads, nothing. Think he might have viewed me as rather aggressive, even if the sample was very small I think I can recall I had been very active.

So how would you proceed here? JTs gets there, KQ seems like a very possible hand as well and so does 99 and 33. For bluffs I am not sure, weaker pairs turned into a bluff? FDs?

• 5 replies
    • Itsnevereasy
      I don't see how you can fold, I don't see how you can raise on the turn. So the only option is to call imo. I think you have him beat most of the time tbh. I would discount 2 pair type hands a little bit, because players tend to get overly passive OOP when deep. I think a lot of people would just call the turn with KQ hoping to let you bluff the river. SO this leaves him with sets and JTs, not a lot of combos. Everyone on NL200+ is crazy these days, so im sure he has bluffs in his range.

I would plan on calling the river unless the river completes a lot of draws. So I would fold on T,J and spade.
    • Alan883
      Well i am microstakes player so i don't understand concept of NL200 at all.

I don't know neither why do we squeeze here from BTN with totally unplayable hand postflop. This is pure bluff and nothing else? Can we do this without reads?

What about flop bet sizing? What do we expect to call/fold.

As we are deep Turn is fold. Are you prepared to go broke there? Are you going to call turn and then call another river bet?

But as i said i don't understand those hands at all and i am not competent to comment them :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: Just want to see a discussion.
    • roswellx
      - Pre-flop is OK
      - Flop is OK
      - I would call turn in position and wait for a blank river.
    • mbml
      he reps 8 combos. I think most players won't overplay KQ here. If he is somehow capable of turning TT into a bluff I think this is ez call and call on blanks.
    • axelphoney
      Yep, was not thinkg of folding ott, that would be a bit too weak I guess..

Ended up calling and folding otr when the flush got there.