[NL20-NL50] 50fr AA BB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $76.62 (153.2 bb)
      SB: $28.06 (56.1 bb)
      Hero (BB): $60.61 (121.2 bb)
      UTG+2: $112.27 (224.5 bb)
      MP1: $50 (100 bb)
      MP2: $50 (100 bb)
      MP3: $58.48 (117 bb)
      CO: $53 (106 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      UTG+2 raises to $1.50, 3 folds, CO raises to $4.40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $11.50, UTG+2 folds, CO calls $7.10

Flop: ($24.75) J K T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($24.75) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($24.75) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $15.67, CO folds

Results:
      $24.75 pot ($1.36 rake)
      Final Board: J K T 7 Q
      Hero mucked A A and won $23.39 ($11.89 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$11.50 net)

VPIP: 18, PFR: 11, 3B: 3, AF: 2,5, Hands: 6589

The problem here was, this pretty good reg called me PF.
      Now that's unusual, usually is always a fold or all-in when we reach 4Bet.

I was pretty certain he wasn't on AA-KK, and the only hands that came to mind was a misplayed AK and QQ-TT.

So I wasn't really inclined on betting the flop, as I thought it would have been a insta fold or all-in from enemy, and I wouldn't have been happy in the 2nd case.

So I tried to pot control and induce bluff as much as I could, finally getting a happy ending on the river tho that probably saved my butt against his slowplayed set or something like that.

Or maybe she just misclicked PF.
  • 12 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I like your Flop check because that is a terrible board for our hand. Once he checks back on the Flop, I think we can be sure that we have the best hand. I would never expect him to slowplay twopairs or sets on this flop, and we have 2 As so that blocks off so many possible combos of slowplayed AQ (would he even slowplay AQ?)

So I will just bet Turn and shove River after he told us that we have the best hand on the Flop.

Thanks.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

I like your Flop check because that is a terrible board for our hand. Once he checks back on the Flop, I think we can be sure that we have the best hand. I would never expect him to slowplay twopairs or sets on this flop, and we have 2 As so that blocks off so many possible combos of slowplayed AQ (would he even slowplay AQ?)

So I will just bet Turn and shove River after he told us that we have the best hand on the Flop.

Thanks.
      Haven't thought of the slowplay thing, true.
      However I was really puzzled on what he could possibly have and so I checked a couple of times before betting :(
      I was kind of hoping he would bet at least turn.

And yes btw I do believe he would slowplay AQ here, I mean, the pot is huge, 2 streets are more than enough to get it in.
      So why not try to induce opponent into betting?
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      I would just bet the flop and go with it. I think he has too many AK combos for us to fold. I feel like we miss value versus those hands by checking, and it's not like we're folding at any point in this hand anyway (if we check he's 100% sure betting AK on the flop and turn, so folding would be pretty bad I imagine).

ifs
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Oh you guys make up your mind! :D
      Now I don't know who to agree with! :s_love:
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      well he has as many AK combos as JJ/TT imo

It's 6 combos of AK (you could discount AK sometimes cos he 5bet shoves) vs 6 combos of TT/JJ (maybe you wanna discount TT cos TT flats pre a lot). Count AQ in too and we lose to 8 more combos. I don't see a value bet here on the flop.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      well he has as many AK combos as JJ/TT imo

It's 6 combos of AK (you could discount AK sometimes cos he 5bet shoves) vs 6 combos of TT/JJ (maybe you wanna discount TT cos TT flats pre a lot). Count AQ in too and we lose to 8 more combos. I don't see a value bet here on the flop.
      Let's discount AKs (goes broke PF), TT (flats).

It's 6 combos of AK and 3 of JJ.
      Put in the QQ and it's 6 combos of it.

Makes a total of 12 combos we win against and 3 we lose against.

As for AQ, I don't ever see it here.
      Make it tho that AQs is there.
      It's just 2 combos.

So it would be 12 vs 5.

Reconsidering value bet?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      2 A X 3 K = 6 combos
      if you discount that it's less than 6

not to mention QQ should probably be discounted too. And QQ doesn't call 3 streets.
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      I guess I don't really expect AQ to be as much of a thread since I doubt he plays it like this preflop. I also don't expect JJ to always play like this pre. I feel like the by far most likely hands are QQ and AK.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      i guess u could be right since this is nit ring
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      2 A X 3 K = 6 combos
      if you discount that it's less than 6

not to mention QQ should probably be discounted too. And QQ doesn't call 3 streets.
      EDIT: OH SHOOOT forgot Kh on board lol sorry @_@

Wait isn't it AdKh, AdKs, AdKc, AcKd, AcKh, AcKs?
      I removed AKs
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      If you remove AKs then you have 5 combos of AK, but it isn't too important. Most important thing is our assumptions, which is not entirely clear.

Initially I thought this was SH which would probably make my assumptions closer to his actual range. maybe IFS is right, now that I see that this is FR. Not entirely sure who is right though.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      If you remove AKs then you have 5 combos of AK, but it isn't too important. Most important thing is our assumptions, which is not entirely clear.

Initially I thought this was SH which would probably make my assumptions closer to his actual range. maybe IFS is right, now that I see that this is FR. Not entirely sure who is right though.
      A friend of mine always says, when in doubt,

PUSH!

:f_biggrin: