This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK 4way MP

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.01)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($4.32)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      UTG+2 ($3.26)
      Hero ($2)
      CO ($1.20)
      BTN ($1.07)

Dealt to Hero A:club: K:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.09, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.42) A:diamond: 3:club: 2:club:

SB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.40, Hero folds, BTN folds, SB folds

UTG+1 wins $0.40

Villain stats are 9/7 AF 2.7 - he is playing 10+ tables usually so I take him as a nitty guy who doesnt play a hand big unless he hit it strong

even though I hit the flop nice, he leads for a pot here with 4 people and I dont think he would be doing that with Ax hands, AK would probably 3bet me on the preflop if not he would just check/call here as with any stronger ace...so I think he is probably either on a set or a straight and just wants to get value in
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Call Flop and see what happens next. He doesn't necessarily have a set here

Thanks.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      in case the turn card is blank and he checks,

is my plan here to check back and try to get to showdown with a plan to check the river too, or should I bet/fold in that situation and check the river if he calls the turn and checks river back

thanks
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

While I usually do not advocate pot controlling AK esp when opponent checks since a check/raise occurs so rarely, I would like to point out some things

1) Limp/calling ranges from tight nits at lower stakes (note the close VPIP/PFR) tends to be pocketpairs in EP most of the time.
      2) I'd expect him to raise AQ and AK preflop.

Therefore I think a check on the Turn is good.

Thanks.