This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 38s hitting flush

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.21)
      Hero ($2.57)
      UTG ($1.89)
      CO ($3.97)
      BTN ($0.41)

Dealt to Hero 3:heart: 8:heart:

fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.04) A:heart: 5:heart: J:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.04, SB calls $0.04

TURN ($0.12) A:heart: 5:heart: J:heart: 2:heart:

SB bets $0.12, Hero folds

SB wins $0.12

Villain stats are 55/2 AF 1.1 over 100 hands

I bet the flop for value

on the turn he leads in for a pot, only one card is enough for a flush and I dont really think my 8 is that strong here versus a passive guy
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: Is SB fit/fold? Is he a calling station? A lot of people limp their SB and limp/fold a lot or limp/call and ck/fold a ton of flops so we can consider raising preflop with position.

Postflop: As played folding the turn is fine with our really weak flush.

Even if the 4th heart doesn't come down we shouldn't look at playing a huge pot with a weaker flush like this,
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      I checked his limp/call stat and its near 90 (usually dont have this stat on my hud)

postflop he calls cbets around 45% so I think he calls pre and is fit or fold on postflop

I didnt raise him preflop just because I knew he was looser and didnt find my hand that strong in case he calls here....usually I raise SB limpers with wide range if I know they will be inclined to fold preflop or on a cbet if they miss
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      I checked his limp/call stat and its near 90 (usually dont have this stat on my hud)

postflop he calls cbets around 45% so I think he calls pre and is fit or fold on postflop

I didnt raise him preflop just because I knew he was looser and didnt find my hand that strong in case he calls here....usually I raise SB limpers with wide range if I know they will be inclined to fold preflop or on a cbet if they miss
      Yeh and if he folds 55% (assuming he hasn't raised cbets yet) it looks profitable. Because a 2/3 pot cbet only has to work ~40% of the time and you can bet even smaller versus fit/fold fish.