fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.04) A:heart: 5:heart: J:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.04, SB calls $0.04

TURN ($0.12) A:heart: 5:heart: J:heart: 2:heart:

SB bets $0.12, Hero folds

SB wins $0.12

Villain stats are 55/2 AF 1.1 over 100 hands

I bet the flop for value

on the turn he leads in for a pot, only one card is enough for a flush and I dont really think my 8 is that strong here versus a passive guy
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: Is SB fit/fold? Is he a calling station? A lot of people limp their SB and limp/fold a lot or limp/call and ck/fold a ton of flops so we can consider raising preflop with position.

Postflop: As played folding the turn is fine with our really weak flush.

Even if the 4th heart doesn't come down we shouldn't look at playing a huge pot with a weaker flush like this,
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      I checked his limp/call stat and its near 90 (usually dont have this stat on my hud)

postflop he calls cbets around 45% so I think he calls pre and is fit or fold on postflop

I didnt raise him preflop just because I knew he was looser and didnt find my hand that strong in case he calls here....usually I raise SB limpers with wide range if I know they will be inclined to fold preflop or on a cbet if they miss
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      I checked his limp/call stat and its near 90 (usually dont have this stat on my hud)

postflop he calls cbets around 45% so I think he calls pre and is fit or fold on postflop

I didnt raise him preflop just because I knew he was looser and didnt find my hand that strong in case he calls here....usually I raise SB limpers with wide range if I know they will be inclined to fold preflop or on a cbet if they miss
      Yeh and if he folds 55% (assuming he hasn't raised cbets yet) it looks profitable. Because a 2/3 pot cbet only has to work ~40% of the time and you can bet even smaller versus fit/fold fish.