UTG ($2.38)
      UTG+1 ($2.47)
      UTG+2 ($1.84)
      MP1 ($1.98)
      MP2 ($3.16)
      Hero ($2.47)
      BTN ($0.69)

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:heart:

UTG raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.19) 6:spade: 9:diamond: 4:diamond:

UTG bets $0.09, Hero calls $0.09

TURN ($0.37) 6:spade: 9:diamond: 4:diamond: 2:club:

UTG bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18

RIVER ($0.73) 6:spade: 9:diamond: 4:diamond: 2:club: A:diamond:

UTG checks, Hero checks

UTG shows K:club: Q:club:
      (Pre 45%, Flop 24.7%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero shows J:club: J:heart:
      (Pre 55%, Flop 75.3%, Turn 86.4%)

Hero wins $0.70

Villain stats are 18/11 AF 2.6 over 150 hands, his flop cbet is 25 on this sample

I call my JJ here because he is probably on a stronger range here opening UTG, flop seems safe enough for me to call

I call turn too because the card probably didnt improve anyone here and Im putting him now on strong Ax hands that he might 2 barrel with and some overpairs, so no reason for me to raise here, plan is to just take it to showdown if the river is safe too

he checks on A river and I check back...maybe I should have raised it, but he could also put me on some stronger Ax hand that he can see showdown vs me in case he is on AQ, AJ or something...

was checking behind ok here? calling the cbets fine?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: looks fine as we can't really 3-bet this hand for value.

Postflop: Considering his bet sizings do you think he could have a strong overpair or even set?

I think that by the turn we can raise small for value versus his draws and maybe TT. We can still fold to a 3-bet because I don't expect a guy like this to raise as a bluff.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Postflop: Considering his bet sizings do you think he could have a strong overpair or even set?

I think that by the turn we can raise small for value versus his draws and maybe TT. We can still fold to a 3-bet because I don't expect a guy like this to raise as a bluff.
      considering his bet sizing I would never put him on a set or a stronger overpair here, he would probably bet bigger to get value faster because cards to come can kill his action

heh...you made me think a little bit by his bet sizing and solved my dilemma of him having stronger overpairs :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

considering his bet sizing I would never put him on a set or a stronger overpair here, he would probably bet bigger to get value faster because cards to come can kill his action
      Exactly, so his hand is mostly a bluff or a semibluff. And these nits bet/call semibluffs so we have value in a raise (and they bet/fold a bluff).
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      ok, thanks for help...will take note of that to keep an eye out for next time :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      ok, thanks for help...will take note of that to keep an eye out for next time :)
      You are welcome.