This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl20 Sh A2

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20.10)
      BB ($39.55)
      UTG ($2.74)
      UTG+1 ($16.72)
      CO ($23.19)
      Hero ($25.57)

Dealt to Hero 2:club: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.90) 2:spade: J:club: 5:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60

TURN ($2.10) 2:spade: J:club: 5:heart: 9:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

RIVER ($5.10) 2:spade: J:club: 5:heart: 9:heart: 2:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.30, BB folds

Hero shows 2:club: A:heart:

Hero wins $4.85

he is 3beting a lot so I just mr and sometimes 4bet w A blockers, because he shoved that he can fold.

Flop I don't assume I have much sd value so use it as bluff.

Turn cbet to bluff out his medium PPs. Is that ok? Or maybe I should not assume that he has too much PPs because he can raise them on flop, thinking that its hard to get to showdown with them?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Seems to be the same guy as in the AK hand. What do you think his 3-bet range is in a spot like this?

We can expect him to rarely even have a strong Jx or pair there so his range for flop/turn call is on the weaker side which means we could force him of some better hands with a 3-barrel. Better hands such as 5x, 66, 44, 33 and depending on how fit/fold or what history/image we have maybe even 9x and weak Jx hands.

Your bet sizing is fine as well because it's in line with what one would use to valuebet Jx+.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Seems to be the same guy as in the AK hand. What do you think his 3-bet range is in a spot like this?

Suited aces, kings, quens, Jacks, ATo+, K9o+, QTo+, 77+

BtW in case you did not notice - this time I am not bluffing river - I am value betting with trips to get from Jx.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

Suited aces, kings, quens, Jacks, ATo+, K9o+, QTo+, 77+

BtW in case you did not notice - this time I am not bluffing river - I am value betting with trips to get from Jx.
      I had the 33 hand in mind when posted this so I was still thinking about what we can bluff him off.

Conversely he will not fold many of the stronger Jx hands which we are after.