FLOP ($0.90) 2:spade: J:club: 5:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60

TURN ($2.10) 2:spade: J:club: 5:heart: 9:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

RIVER ($5.10) 2:spade: J:club: 5:heart: 9:heart: 2:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.30, BB folds

Hero shows 2:club: A:heart:

Hero wins $4.85

he is 3beting a lot so I just mr and sometimes 4bet w A blockers, because he shoved that he can fold.

Flop I don't assume I have much sd value so use it as bluff.

Turn cbet to bluff out his medium PPs. Is that ok? Or maybe I should not assume that he has too much PPs because he can raise them on flop, thinking that its hard to get to showdown with them?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Seems to be the same guy as in the AK hand. What do you think his 3-bet range is in a spot like this?

We can expect him to rarely even have a strong Jx or pair there so his range for flop/turn call is on the weaker side which means we could force him of some better hands with a 3-barrel. Better hands such as 5x, 66, 44, 33 and depending on how fit/fold or what history/image we have maybe even 9x and weak Jx hands.

Your bet sizing is fine as well because it's in line with what one would use to valuebet Jx+.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Seems to be the same guy as in the AK hand. What do you think his 3-bet range is in a spot like this?

Suited aces, kings, quens, Jacks, ATo+, K9o+, QTo+, 77+

BtW in case you did not notice - this time I am not bluffing river - I am value betting with trips to get from Jx.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

Suited aces, kings, quens, Jacks, ATo+, K9o+, QTo+, 77+

BtW in case you did not notice - this time I am not bluffing river - I am value betting with trips to get from Jx.
      I had the 33 hand in mind when posted this so I was still thinking about what we can bluff him off.

Conversely he will not fold many of the stronger Jx hands which we are after.