[NL2-NL10] J10s in BB (NL10)

• zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Hi,

I decide to call the steel as villain has a 50% steel % on a fairly small sample.
      Is this okay?

I catch a flush and gut shot giving me 13 live outs. This is the point I am not sure how I should play the hand. Obviously villains range is wide in this spot but he can still have a decent holding. I check call and see an Ace on the turn, not the best for me but I still have plenty of equity against villains range (I have looked at equilab and have 46% against villains pfr of 9, also range could be even wider on the the button).

I decide to check call again but villain checks behind ruling out Ax hands?? So river comes a K. It's unlikely villain has a FH so I pretty much have the nuts here and figure with any qx or medium pairs I would not make any money from betting. As I've played this like I have a flush draw I decide to check and hopefully villain will bet. He bets and I raise for value hoping kq or similar will call. On reflection I could also have bet pot to make it look like a bluff attempt after missing my flush but considered plan A the best option for at least a bit of value.??

I still don't think I played this correctly, what are your thoughts???
      Thank you.
      Zach

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $9.35
      MP1:
      $9.38
      MP2:
      $10.81
      MP3:
      $10.35
      CO:
      $9.85
      BU:
      $3.70
      SB:
      $17.37
      BB (Hero):
      $10.30

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, J.
      5 folds, BU raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) A, 4, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.31, Hero calls $0.31.

Turn: ($1.27) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($1.27) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2.71, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.77.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think you should just checkraise. I may prefer cc at higher limits cos we dont rep much (cant have aa qq aq which would 3b preflop) but i think we can just barrel all turns and then decide on whether to bluff river or not if we miss. That seems like such a profitable line to me.

Just donk the river imo. He rarely has ax after checking back turn. Kx may valuebet river but is unlikely to call a checkraise so theres no advantage in checking here to maximise value.