[NL2-NL10] TT vs. unknown poster

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      This guy obviously doesn't hesitate to get into the action, is this okay vs. unknown? Am I missing value on the river?

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $10.00
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $10.00
      SB: $10.97
      BB: $11.36
      Hero (UTG): $10.42

CO posts a big blind ($0.10)

Pre Flop: ($0.25) Hero is UTG with T:club: T:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, CO calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 8:club: 9:diamond: 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, CO calls $0.55

Turn: ($2.05) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, CO calls $1.10

River: ($4.25) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Final Pot: $4.25
      CO mucks 8:spade: K:diamond:
      Hero shows T:club: T:diamond: (two pair, Tens and Threes)
      Hero wins $4.06
      (Rake: $0.19)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi sketchzr,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: When you say the guy doesn't hesitate to get into action do you mean that we have seen him call/limp often?

If he is totally unknown we can expect his range to be 77, 87/67, 9T,A9, A8, draws and possibly JJ. Since we don't know if he is even capable of bluffing that river when checked to (since he is unknown) we should look at betting for value versus 9x and 8x and 77/67. The board came out in such a way that it would be hard for them to lay down one pair hands.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi sketchzr,

Postflop: When you say the guy doesn't hesitate to get into action do you mean that we have seen him call/limp often?

If he is totally unknown we can expect his range to be 77, 87/67, 9T,A9, A8, draws and possibly JJ. Since we don't know if he is even capable of bluffing that river when checked to (since he is unknown) we should look at betting for value versus 9x and 8x and 77/67. The board came out in such a way that it would be hard for them to lay down one pair hands.
      What I mean by that is he just joined the table > auto posts BB then calls my PFR.
      So this was his first hand, still not too comfortable with playing it too aggressively since he could have literally anything, but I do think I missed some small value on the river there I agree.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by sketchzr
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi sketchzr,

What I mean by that is he just joined the table > auto posts BB then calls my PFR.
      So this was his first hand, still not too comfortable with playing it too aggressively since he could have literally anything, but I do think I missed some small value on the river there I agree.
      Yeh, so based on that alone we can assume he is a recreational player and thus will have a very wide range (hence why I placed so many 1p hands in his range).

So we are losing value on that river.