This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KK multiway

• daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

ハンドをプレーする

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Known players:
      BU:
      $35.00
      SB:
      $79.14
      BB:
      $94.95
      MP2 (Hero):
      $49.50
      MP3:
      $82.55
      CO:
      $61.19

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BU calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1.00.

Flop: ($6) 8, Q, Q (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BU folds, SB calls $2.50, BB calls $2.50.

Turn: ($13.5) J (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($13.5) A (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50, SB folds.

Final Pot: $18.5.
       BU  6  hands vpip67 pfr0 af1 wtsd25
      SB 15 hands vpip40 pfr27 af0 wtsd25
      BB 35 hands vpip35 pfr9 af1,1 wtsd27 w$SD67

should I pot control rather than CB here in multiway pot?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Daisuke,

Preflop: looks fine however with many fish behind us we should consider raising bigger here (our range should be stronger plus we expect many callers).

Postflop: As played I would bet about 1/2 pot for thin value versus 8x, 99, TT, JJ and even lower pairs and gutshots.

Once the Jx hits the turn that improves some of their hands like JJ/T9 but also J9/JT picks up one pair hand. Since we are IP and could buy a cheaper showdown versus two full stacks we can consider betting smaller again (bet/folding) but it's very thin at best because, between the two of them they have a lot of Qx hands.

So checking back and potentially calling a small river bet it's fine. That river is close because a lot of their betting range may now not contain 3rd pair or worse and since is still left to act and can look to ck/raise we can fold.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Daisuke,

Preflop: looks fine however with many fish behind us we should consider raising bigger here (our range should be stronger plus we expect many callers).

Postflop: As played I would bet about 1/2 pot for thin value versus 8x, 99, TT, JJ and even lower pairs and gutshots.

Once the Jx hits the turn that improves some of their hands like JJ/T9 but also J9/JT picks up one pair hand. Since we are IP and could buy a cheaper showdown versus two full stacks we can consider betting smaller again (bet/folding) but it's very thin at best because, between the two of them they have a lot of Qx hands.

So checking back and potentially calling a small river bet it's fine. That river is close because a lot of their betting range may now not contain 3rd pair or worse and since is still left to act and can look to ck/raise we can fold.

if I bet on the turn,it should be half pot bet?
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by daisuke3823
      If we bet yes I would make it around half pot. We are still targetting a weaker range and they could still have plenty of Qx hands that we don't want to isolate against.