[NL2-NL10] FF NL10-6Max KK in UTG

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (UTG): $10.05 (100.5 bb)
      SB: $15.34 (153.4 bb)
      MP: $11.27 (112.7 bb)
      CO: $16.68 (166.8 bb)
      BB: $10.55 (105.5 bb)
      BTN: $11.39 (113.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K K
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds

Flop: ($0.90) 8 7 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.55, SB calls $0.55

Turn: ($2) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.40, SB raises to $4.60, Hero folds

Results:
      $4.80 pot ($0.24 rake)
      Final Board: 8 7 3 2
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-$2.35 net)
      SB mucked and won $4.56 ($2.21 net)

SB is LAGy under 50 hands, I think Folding the Turn is correct?
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi BigAl,

Long time no see ;)

Did you switch to 6 max?

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: What range do you put villain on? I would expect at least some sets to raise that wet flop.

So his turn range may be filled up with overpairs that are feeling comfortable and even some potential semibluffs so I wouldn't be so quick to fold.

Also, we should cbet larger on the flop there.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi BigAl,

Long time no see ;)

Did you switch to 6 max?

Postflop: What range do you put villain on? I would expect at least some sets to raise that wet flop.

So his turn range may be filled up with overpairs that are feeling comfortable and even some potential semibluffs so I wouldn't be so quick to fold.

Yer Ive been super lazy/running out of time every day to post hands.

I have been playing 6max for ages since I moved back to Party at end of December I think.

With the hand I put him on a strong hand like 2pair 78 because other 2 pairs dont make much sense and sets, I think OPs would likely raise the Flop or they would just call them down, so that why I thought Folding was best.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by BigAl123456
      Hi BigAl,

Long time no see ;)

Did you switch to 6 max?

Yer Ive been super lazy/running out of time every day to post hands.

I have been playing 6max for ages since I moved back to Party at end of December I think.

With the hand I put him on a strong hand like 2pair 78 because other 2 pairs dont make much sense and sets, I think OPs would likely raise the Flop or they would just call them down, so that why I thought Folding was best.
      How's your overall game doing? Glad to see you are experimenting with more aggressive games (short handed).

Well I still stand behind my previous statement that I would expect villain to raise the flop with certain strong hands so he represents a very narrow range that beats us (however that doesn't mean that he won't actually show up with sets/2p ocassionally).
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      I feel that my game has pletued somewhat, I found it hard to find time to put enough work on my game like study and review just not enough hrs in the day. :(
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I feel that my game has pletued somewhat, I found it hard to find time to put enough work on my game like study and review just not enough hrs in the day. :(
      Both study time and grind time are important and one without the other will usually yield you less than stellar results.

Can you devise a plan where you play 80% of your time and 20% you study? Ideally it would be closer to a 60/40 or 50/50 but at least some study time will go a long way.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Both study time and grind time are important and one without the other will usually yield you less than stellar results.

Can you devise a plan where you play 80% of your time and 20% you study? Ideally it would be closer to a 60/40 or 50/50 but at least some study time will go a long way.
      Yer I know, things were going good until I started grinding Bonuses, I had the perfect mix of study and Grind maybe not enough Grind.

Now my day looks like this

5am - Wake up
      530-6am - Breakfast and warm up e.g looking at day before posted hands
      6am-12PM Grind with breaks every hr
      12-2 Gym/Lunch/Shower etc
      2-330(except Tuseday and Thursday then to 6pm) Review or study
      330-6 Sprint Training (except Tuesday and Thursday
      6-830 Watching a Video/Study/Review (except Tuesday and Thursday were I have Rugby League Training
      9 Sleep

Now I have started watching Schnitzelfisch productivity coachings and gonna try and read his guide, so hopefully that helps with procrastnation problems which effect my scedual negativly.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic

Yer I know, things were going good until I started grinding Bonuses, I had the perfect mix of study and Grind maybe not enough Grind.

Now my day looks like this

5am - Wake up
      530-6am - Breakfast and warm up e.g looking at day before posted hands
      6am-12PM Grind with breaks every hr
      12-2 Gym/Lunch/Shower etc
      2-330(except Tuseday and Thursday then to 6pm) Review or study
      330-6 Sprint Training (except Tuesday and Thursday
      6-830 Watching a Video/Study/Review (except Tuesday and Thursday were I have Rugby League Training
      9 Sleep

Now I have started watching Schnitzelfisch productivity coachings and gonna try and read his guide, so hopefully that helps with procrastnation problems which effect my scedual negativly.
      Grinding bonuses is definitely a sure way to stall progression.

You should look at making some long and short term goals and then see where grinding bonuses come into play. Most of the time you will realize that the bonus you are grinding is actually slowing down your progress a lot (because you play more robotic, you sacrifice study time, etc) and thus you advance to the next limit slower and that money you make now ends up being nothing over the long term (ex: you could have made more if you moved up 2 months earlier).