• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $2.00 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 10, 3B: 4, AF: 1.2, Hands: 86
      UTG: $3.00 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 9, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 88
      CO: $4.68 - VPIP: 48, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 2.6, Hands: 122
      BTN: $5.99 - VPIP: 35, PFR: 25, 3B: 15, AF: 2.3, Hands: 128 -- CC: 24, Ft3B: 1/2
      Hero (SB): $6.16 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 8, AF: 3.8, Hands: 24869

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with 4 :heart: 4 :diamond:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.65, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.35) 7 :spade: 6 :spade: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, BTN calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.75) 5 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65

River: ($4.05) A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Preflop: I think we might find a call in theory, because the guy seems a little bit fishy (high CC), and we are a little bit (20bb) deeper. By default I still bluff here though.

Flop: I don't expect his range to smack this flop, plus we have a crappy gutshot + a crappy pair, so I CB :)

Turn: We improved our crappy gutshot into a crappy straight :pokerface: Now, I think here I played wrong. Should I treat my hand as a nuttish one, and try to put it all in, or I should play less aggressively? I think that our hand is good enough for a value bet on the turn at least.

I mean, 9x would be just a bad beat, right? I see overpairs calling me all day long here.
  • 5 replies
    • Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      PF: I'd just opt for a call here, his 4xBB shows strength and I don't think your 3-bet bluff works often enough pre-flop to be profitable. I guess you could hope to make some profit post-flop but this is unlikely due to his perceivable strong range.

As played:
      F: Not sure what your hoping to accomplish with this bet, by betting 1/2 pot on a draw-heavy board you seem quite weak so BTN could easily float with A-high here. You may have the best hand at the moment but you will most likely have to give up on turn.

I'd choose to bet $0.90, yes it is more expensive but you gain more value from getting his overcards to definitely fold.

When he calls, I assume he would have a lot of overcards which would have been to stubborn to fold to $0.70, as well as some 99-JJ which are scared that you have them crushed with QQ+.

T: You turn a very strong hand, since 99 is probably the only hand in his range with 9 in it, I'd be happy calling most turn bets, specially when it looks this weak.

At this point I think he only has A-high as he probably bets more with a high-pocket pair or better.

R: Since I think his range consists mainly of Ax here, and he will most likely be unwilling to bet top pair on such a wet board (4 cards to a straight, 3 to a flush) so I'd opt for a 1/2 pot bet for some added value from my hand.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hi there, thanks for yr comments.

PF: he had a big RFI from BU, so 44 is good enough for a bluff. calling might be an option too. Re 4 bb...I don't know, he might just open like that with all hands...it wouldn't make less sense than opening 4 bb with monsters only. So we get worse expressed odds for a call as well, btw.

F: I never bet big in a 3b pot, especially a big pot. With both my value and bluff range I make it 1/2 pot. Do yo really think that people call 14 bb in a 3bet pot with air and fold to a bigger bet? =/ Plus the board is not super draw heavy, because it's quite low for a 3bet pot.

R: I don't generally like check/call/donk line. So I think we should have bet the turn, or check/raise, as played.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

What do you think about folding here preflop?
      Without any decent info about his fold to 3bet I would prefer folding here rather than 3betting, and also his sizing concerns me a little bit.

On this flop I would rather check/fold here.
      Board is quite drawy and I don't really expect too much folds here and the guy looks like he's calling a lot so I wouldn't be surprised to be up against stuff like A6s etc.

As played, I think we have to bet the turn as well.
      We can take value from pairs + some draws. He does has 9x in his range but I think we can still value bet here.

River is bad here and I would actually prefer check/folding here.
      Everything hits and I doubt that he even bets with two pair here at all.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hey Plamen,

Yeah, I think I got a bit addicted to light 3-betting :f_biggrin: I think it works on NL5...if it doesn't on this guy, I will just make a note and tighten up. So far I'm just trying him out, but I would definitely consider a fold, good tip, I think I need to fold more and defend less from SB.

I agree with our turn and river. Yeah, I actually though that he might have some random K9s or A9s apart from 99.

What about the flop though? The board looks like a disaster, but imo it's not that bad for a 3bet pot. I mean mostly he should have higher broadway here. Plus we have some equity (don't we?)

When we check the flop, can't we peel one street? :f_biggrin: CB might not make a lot of sense if he doesn't fold overcards, but maybe we can call?

TY
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, the guy looks like he's calling a lot so I wouldn't say that this board doesn't hit his range good.
      Also he could float with some overcards so I think betting here will put us in a tough spot on the later streets.

Check/calling is the worst option to me here.
      We are not feeling comfortable to call him down with our underpair and will basically have a hard time calling him.

Overall - we tried to bluff preflop, we didn't succeed so there's nothing bad to just give up here.

Best,
      Plamen