DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $5.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 1.5, Hands: 66
      BTN: $4.86 - VPIP: 6, PFR: 3, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 33
      SB: $3.99 - VPIP: 35, PFR: 25, 3B: 15, AF: 2.3, Hands: 128
      BB: $7.76 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 1.8, Hands: 126
      Hero (UTG): $8.90 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 8, AF: 3.8, Hands: 24869

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with A :heart: K :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, BB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.02) 9 :club: A :diamond: 7 :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.22) T :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.22) A :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, BB calls $1

Preflop: IP I call AK like always.

Flop: there's no value in a raise.

Turn: most likely he's on a pocket pair like JJ-KK, if he's not slowplaying a monster. He might have some FDs in theory...but it's just a quarter of his few suited hands (mostly preflop bluffs).

Either way, there's not much value to get with a bet on the turn, so I decide to check back and induce a bet or a call on the river.

How's my plan? River sizing?
  • 5 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Th334,

Preflop call is fine.

As you say, not really much value raising flop. There are bluffs, TT-KK, and AT-AQ all of which may conceivably fold to a raise in this spot.

It's fine to put in a small bet on the turn like $1 or so. You protect yourself from 2 outers + random other draws and still occasionally get value from worse.

On the river it doesn't look like villain has much. Usually never an Ace, most of the time TT-KK, QK + bluffs with our without random pairs, so I think your sizing is good. You could think about betting larger though also, the Ace out there makes it less likely you have one, there is a busted flush-draw and either of these factors may cause villain to call a more polarizing bet with a lower pair. It depends on what level you think villain is thinking really.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Yeah, I checked back the turn mainly because of his value-looking 3bet stat. If he was looser, we could definitely add some draws into his range and bet there for value. Is 126 h sample is good to tell whether it's actually 5 or 10? :f_confused: ....probably not really...so just bet with a small sample?

Hehe, I often get lazy or just forget to think at level 3 myself. Just so much fish here...but I see how we could make it bigger here, it's pretty smart :) thanks
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Th334
      Yeah, I checked back the turn mainly because of his value-looking 3bet stat. If he was looser, we could definitely add some draws into his range and bet there for value.
      Yeah, also seeing as float flop, bet turn, is a pretty common line in 3bet pots he may still call with JJ-KK. If he was ever 3betting light he might feel in an awkward spot holding A5s etc.

Is 126 h sample is good to tell whether it's actually 5 or 10? :f_confused: ....probably not really...so just bet with a small sample?
      The sample is on the small side, but to really get the answer you need to look at his specific 3 bet stats. How many opportunities has he had to 3bet? How many times did he 3bet? From what positions? That will allow you to make a more accurate guess on accuracy of sample than purely based on # of hands.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Yeah, I checked back the turn mainly because of his value-looking 3bet stat. If he was looser, we could definitely add some draws into his range and bet there for value.
      Yeah, also seeing as float flop, bet turn, is a pretty common line in 3bet pots he may still call with JJ-KK. If he was ever 3betting light he might feel in an awkward spot holding A5s etc.
      But his JJ-KK and A5s fold to a 2nd barrel, don't they? So we don't get value from them.

w34z3l, I don't know much about 3b pots, but I had an impression the people tend to play more straightforward here -- less bluffs, because we don't fold TPTK in a big pot, we just stack.

But you say that people float the flop often... Float flop bet turn would usually be an all-in, do people really bluff like that often, and why?

TY
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      But his JJ-KK nd A5s fold to a 2nd barrel, don't they? So we don't get value from them.......

.......But you say that people float the flop often... Float flop bet turn would usually be an all-in, do people really bluff like that often, and why?
      Float flop and bet turn is the standard way at micro-stakes of fighting back vs light 3betters. It won't put you all-in 100bb deep, you can still comfortably get away from the hand. Your range actually contains more bluffs when you bet the turn compared to when you bet the river.

For this reason he may call once with KK-JJ, A5s. It's true he may not, in which case checking back is fine. Either way you will only get 1 more street of value, and there are bad cards that might shut you down from extracting value if you wait until river.

Also let's say opponent has another hand in his bluff range, 55. This hand is never paying off a value bet. But by waiting till the river you are letting him freeroll his 2 outer.