[NL20-NL50] sh50 KJs UTG

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $101.98 (204 bb)
      SB: $53.32 (106.6 bb)
      BB: $123.79 (247.6 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $66.08 (132.2 bb)
      MP: $49.25 (98.5 bb)
      CO: $43.12 (86.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K J
      Hero raises to $1.50, MP calls $1.50, 4 folds

Flop: ($3.75) Q 5 K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.66, MP calls $2.66

Turn: ($9.07) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.74, MP calls $5.74

River: ($20.55) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $6, Hero calls $6

Results:
      $32.55 pot ($1.79 rake)
      Final Board: Q 5 K 6 T
      Hero mucked K J and lost (-$15.90 net)
      MP showed K A and won $30.76 ($14.86 net)

VPIP: 22, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 0,5, Hands: 27

Against such a passive player I was reluctant in calling the river even if it was THAT small.
      However, even for the tiny chance of a busted draw bluff, for that 22% I need, I called, also because I'm new to the SH Zoom thing and at the beginning I'm willing to buy some info here and there.
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop bet is standard. I don't like betting Turn unless I felt he could potentially call me with so many straight draws or even a hand like AQ. If not, there is no value in a Turn bet. If that's the case, then a c/c line is preferred, since we are still ahead of some of his draws like AJ AT JT diamonds etc.

I think River is probably a c/c. I don't like the Ten too much since it completes AJ, but diamonds are still busted so this is a c/c.

Thanks.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Flop bet is standard. I don't like betting Turn unless I felt he could potentially call me with so many straight draws or even a hand like AQ. If not, there is no value in a Turn bet. If that's the case, then a c/c line is preferred, since we are still ahead of some of his draws like AJ AT JT diamonds etc.

I think River is probably a c/c. I don't like the Ten too much since it completes AJ, but diamonds are still busted so this is a c/c.

Thanks.
      From the small sample I had, I thought he'd definitely call again (turn) with a FD, probably with SDs, and probably with queens too.
      Do you think I'm wrong?

His WTSD was 33 but only on 3 samples.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Your sample is small, so you can't be too sure about your sample. If those assumptions are likely to be true with better information like actual notes and super high WTSD over larger sample (>30%), then I would agree with your Turn value bet for thin value.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by mbml
      I don't like betting Turn unless I felt he could potentially call me with so many straight draws or even a hand like AQ.
      I dont understand why not bet turn? He could call with any flush draw, gutshot like AT, AJ maybe even 9Ts, JT, then AQ, QJs, QTs, KTs which are all weaker on turn, so many combos, and I doubt he folds any of them (unless he is really nitty). We lose against AK which villian mostly 3bet so we can almost discard it, and KQ there are 6 combos, KJ we split which we can even make to fold sometimes, and 55 6 combos. I dont think we should be afraid of 66 on turn because he almost never calls on this board with 66.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Do you really expect gutshots to call 2 streets?

"Folding gutshots on Turn is really nitty"

Are you telling me you always double float here with those hands as well as AQ? That's really spewy. It could be fine vs the right opponents but I think it's safe to assume that many opponents are folding those hands to a turn barrel.

"Villain mostly 3bets AK"

He has low 3bet % over small sample, both of you are in early position. We should assume by default that he is calling AK here as opposed to 3betting.