[NL20-NL50] sh50 JTs CO

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $28.87 (57.7 bb)
      SB: $54.93 (109.9 bb)
      BB: $65.66 (131.3 bb)
      UTG: $163.95 (327.9 bb)
      MP: $93.56 (187.1 bb)
      Hero (CO): $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J T
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.75) 4 J 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3, BTN folds, BB calls $3

Turn: ($10.75) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $6.80, BB folds

Results:
      $10.75 pot ($0.59 rake)
      Final Board: 4 J 9 Q
      BB mucked and lost (-$4.50 net)
      Hero mucked J T and won $10.16 ($5.66 net)

VPIP: 28, PFR: 17, 3B: 14, AF: 3,0, Hands: 18

I wasn't sure about what to do on turn here.
      Not really knowing my enemy I wasn't sure he was capable of folding to a XR or to even bet on my check.
      At the end, due to extra equity I bought and the Q to represent, I bet again, but I'm not sure what I'd have done against his raise.
      Also because I have no idea what's his range from calling BB after a CC from BU.
      It could be anything X_X
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

"I'm betting to represent the Queen". You should realize that he has more hands in his range which benefits from the Queen than you do. He has QTs, T8s, QJ.

From the way I see it, you have 2 options here. You either 3barrel to fold out KJ/AJ/T9s/JTs, or you check back this Turn and take your free cards, potentially calling a River lead from him or folding.

Betting the Turn and giving up on River is not a good option, since I don't expect better hands than yours to fold too often, so you just fold out the portions of his range which have you beat.

Thanks.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

"I'm betting to represent the Queen". You should realize that he has more hands in his range which benefits from the Queen than you do. He has QTs, T8s, QJ.

From the way I see it, you have 2 options here. You either 3barrel to fold out KJ/AJ/T9s/JTs, or you check back this Turn and take your free cards, potentially calling a River lead from him or folding.

Betting the Turn and giving up on River is not a good option, since I don't expect better hands than yours to fold too often, so you just fold out the portions of his range which have you beat.

Thanks.
      I like the 3 barreling road because I do that way too few times so I need to balance.
      However, what do we do if he raises turn? At that point I don't really believe he'd fold to our shove, do you think our equity would be enough to do it anyway?
      And if he donks river? (I know that this depends a lot on what comes down)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      If he raises Turn, easy call. He is likely to be strong but we just have so much equity in the hand that we probably cannot fold unless he makes some ultra huge all-in.

If he donks the River, we had the Flopped top pair, so I am usually not too fond of folding.

However, add the fact that this is 3way action on the Flop, and I think he hardly has any 9X, the Queen pretty much improved his draw range on the Flop, and we lose to every single jack (J9 QJ KJ AJ).

I am actually fine with just folding most of the time. of course if the turn and river cards were more of blank cards, then I think you can call and expect to catch some random BS bluffs.

I'm basing this decision on River AF and also his flop fold to Cbet to guess how wide his flop calling range is.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      If he raises Turn, easy call. He is likely to be strong but we just have so much equity in the hand that we probably cannot fold unless he makes some ultra huge all-in.

If he donks the River, we had the Flopped top pair, so I am usually not too fond of folding.

However, add the fact that this is 3way action on the Flop, and I think he hardly has any 9X, the Queen pretty much improved his draw range on the Flop, and we lose to every single jack (J9 QJ KJ AJ).

I am actually fine with just folding most of the time. of course if the turn and river cards were more of blank cards, then I think you can call and expect to catch some random BS bluffs.

I'm basing this decision on River AF and also his flop fold to Cbet to guess how wide his flop calling range is.
      Thank you so much!
      Quick question:
      What do you mean with BS bluffs?
      Bullshit bluffs or Backdoor Straight? xD
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      bullshit :D Backdoor is BD