UTG ($1.02)
      UTG+1 ($2.03)
      UTG+2 ($2.13)
      MP1 ($1.98)
      MP2 ($2.05)
      CO ($0.59)
      BTN ($1.96)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.07, Hero raises to $0.22, fold, BTN calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.46) J:club: 5:heart: 8:heart:

Hero bets $0.24, BTN calls $0.24

TURN ($0.94) J:club: 5:heart: 8:heart: Q:club:

Hero bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

RIVER ($1.74) J:club: 5:heart: 8:heart: Q:club: 5:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero folds

BTN wins $1.66

Villain stats are 9/3 AF 1 over 110 hands

I 3bet here because I presume his range is a bit wider on the button and I try and take the pot down here

I cbet on the flop again in hopes he just wanted to see the flop and I have some backdoor draws here

If turn werent this card Id just check/fold, but here I place a smaller bet
      He again calls and I presume he is either slowplaying overpairs or has something stronger that beats me here

River pairs the board, completes flushes and he bets most of his stack here so I just fold it...

think I overplayed much? what to do on that turn card? check call maybe? and if I check called what is my move on river?

• 1 reply
    • mbml

PF: Standard 3bet, we don't want to call too often in the SB.

F: While this is a really bad Flop texture in general with so many draws, I think it's fine to bet here. We have 2 overs, backdoor 2nd nut flush draw, and backdoor straight draws.

T: Coordinates the board further, but we have top pair now. Easy value bet on the Turn.

R: I will just c/c, flush draws missed, maybe he value bets QT or bluffs with 67s.

Then I read your stats on him 9/3. I'm not sure how wide he is in the BU (look at his Raise1st stats for a better picture), and I have the urge to fold preflop. I wouldn't even consider calling, let alone 3betting.