This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Missing with AK AQ on Flop

• stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      Hi all

Been getting this quite alot recently. I hold Ak AQ AJ and raise if sss allows.
      Playing sss I raise the norm amount pre flop, board comes eg 7 4 2 rainbow. I push all in contin bet and they call with over pocket pair.

Is it best to bet smaller and then get away if raised or am I playing it right by pushing ?

Comments welcome thanks guys
  • 4 replies
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      read the articles again.when u push u actually overbetting so its not the right to do.

Example:

Hero 2$ UTG
      Villain 10$ BTN

hero raises to 0.40c every1 folds, BTN calls 0.4 , SB BB folds

pot 0.95
      HERO (1.60$)

1.u said that u push than u actually bet 1.6 into 0.95$ pot...not making any sense...u are only going to be called by a better hand, or by a big time fish who doesnt even have a draw.

2.correct play here is to bet arround 1/2 pot.it varies when u hit ur TP and flops come a drawie...like 2 suits or 3 running cards.so u have to bet a little more so u wont face a difficult decision on turn, unless the 4th card complete kinda draw and that becomes marginal w\out special reads c\fold.

after u bet around 1/2 -2/3 pot and u got reraise or called than it divides into two:

1.u hit ur pair - reraise all in flop\shove turn
      2.u didnt hit - fold flop\check fold turn

please do not hesitate i hope it answer ur inquires.
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      Thanks very much. Your explanation is great. It's all very clear now. I play strict SSS probably with this exception. If i'm honest what I described at the start is probably what I do when on tilt without realising. Defo look out for that. Thanks so much for taking the time I am very grateful.
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      the most important pare is to be honest with yourself.
      take care :)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Nice explanation shloogy