This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom KK on BB v shortie

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.02 (51 bb)
      SB: $0.85 (42.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      UTG: $2.01 (100.5 bb)
      MP: $1.51 (75.5 bb)
      CO: $1.97 (98.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K K
      UTG raises to $0.04, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.04, SB calls $0.03, Hero raises to $0.26, UTG folds, BTN calls $0.22, SB folds

Flop: ($0.60) 6 A 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, BTN calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.24) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($1.24) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Results:
      $1.24 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: 6 A 5 Q 7
      BTN mucked T 7 and lost (-$0.58 net)
      Hero showed K K and won $1.20 ($0.62 net)

No stats on Villain. Short stack flatting open and then flatting 3-bet.

PF: I think I 3-betted too big. But seeing BU's 50bb stack and that I'm OOP, I decided to raise it bigger because it's gonna be tough post-flop playing multiway if both decide to call.

When he calls my huge 3-bet, I decided he either is a bad player or he's trying to "trap" me. His range is gonna be medium PP and also suited high cards which want to see a flop regardless. He also has many Ax hands.

Flop: In light of this, I was really unsure of my bet on the Flop. I think his range is wide enough to bet for value against his draws, but he also has many Ax hands. But I also do not know how I will react if I check and he bets. I will probably fold which sucks.

Turn: I got really passive here and couldn't think right anymore. If I bet on the Flop for value, then surely I should have bet here and put him in?

Is betting even close here?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cheekopeh,

Preflop: looks fine. I actually think you could 3-bet even larger for value versus 3 guys.

Postflop: First, we have to look at villains stack: he has 0.76 left into a pot of 0.6. So any bet we make will give us pretty good odds to call a shove.

So in your case, after you bet the flop, he only has 0.44 left (1/3 pot on the turn).

So your decision has to happen on the flop. Do we have enough worse hands that can call give our hand/flop texture or not?

I would say that we do, despite the Ax being there so I would look at increasing the chance that worse calls so I would bet 1/3 pot on flop and the rest on the turn.