[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom KK on BB v shortie

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.02 (51 bb)
      SB: $0.85 (42.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      UTG: $2.01 (100.5 bb)
      MP: $1.51 (75.5 bb)
      CO: $1.97 (98.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K K
      UTG raises to $0.04, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.04, SB calls $0.03, Hero raises to $0.26, UTG folds, BTN calls $0.22, SB folds

Flop: ($0.60) 6 A 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, BTN calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.24) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($1.24) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Results:
      $1.24 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: 6 A 5 Q 7
      BTN mucked T 7 and lost (-$0.58 net)
      Hero showed K K and won $1.20 ($0.62 net)

No stats on Villain. Short stack flatting open and then flatting 3-bet.

PF: I think I 3-betted too big. But seeing BU's 50bb stack and that I'm OOP, I decided to raise it bigger because it's gonna be tough post-flop playing multiway if both decide to call.

When he calls my huge 3-bet, I decided he either is a bad player or he's trying to "trap" me. His range is gonna be medium PP and also suited high cards which want to see a flop regardless. He also has many Ax hands.

Flop: In light of this, I was really unsure of my bet on the Flop. I think his range is wide enough to bet for value against his draws, but he also has many Ax hands. But I also do not know how I will react if I check and he bets. I will probably fold which sucks.

Turn: I got really passive here and couldn't think right anymore. If I bet on the Flop for value, then surely I should have bet here and put him in?

Is betting even close here?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cheekopeh,

Preflop: looks fine. I actually think you could 3-bet even larger for value versus 3 guys.

Postflop: First, we have to look at villains stack: he has 0.76 left into a pot of 0.6. So any bet we make will give us pretty good odds to call a shove.

So in your case, after you bet the flop, he only has 0.44 left (1/3 pot on the turn).

So your decision has to happen on the flop. Do we have enough worse hands that can call give our hand/flop texture or not?

I would say that we do, despite the Ax being there so I would look at increasing the chance that worse calls so I would bet 1/3 pot on flop and the rest on the turn.