[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom A7o on BU

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $2.62 (131 bb)
      SB: $1.80 (90 bb)
      BB: $13.83 (691.5 bb)
      UTG: $2.22 (111 bb)
      MP: $4.08 (204 bb)
      CO: $1.80 (90 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 7 A
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.04, SB folds, BB calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.09) A 4 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.09) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.06, BB calls $0.06

River: ($0.21) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $0.21 pot ($0.01 rake)
      Final Board: A 4 8 T 9
      Hero showed 7 A and won $0.20 ($0.10 net)
      BB showed T J and lost (-$0.10 net)

PF: I min-raise to steal the blinds.

Flop: I opted not to c-bet the Flop as it was dry and decided to go for 1-2 streets of value later on. I think betting is kinda thin as almost any Ax hand out-kicks me and not many worse hands will call. Pocket pairs below 8 will probably fold and JJ-AA would have 3-bet me. Which leaves me with 99-TT.

Turn: Bet for value.

River: Checked for free showdown as I do not even have a kicker and don't see any value in betting when so many draws complete which he could have picked up on the Turn.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

PF: as mentioned I don't like to minraise at NL2. What happens is that they call so much and just fold to cbets really often. We just auto-profit from the Flop cbet.

F: You should recognize that our hand can only go for 2 streets of value at the very most. So I think checking Flop, with the intention of betting Turn and River is probably a good idea.

T: Standard bet

R: We are ahead of TX, we lose to QJ? And some flushes. I think we could potentially find another street of value, but then again this is pretty much the worst card in the deck for us. It's close, i Think checking is fine. Maybe I'll bet on 2 diamond or 9 of hearts but this card just completes every draw.

Thanks.