New Full Tilt New Ownership & Trust

• dreamscholar
      Just a question. So full tilt obviously got into all kinds of problems because of poor & unethical management. This lead to players losing access to their accounts as we all know.

So my question is this: how good is the new management and how do we know this will not happen again? I'm a little concerned about how much money I want to keep bankrolled at Full Tilt -- or any poker site for that matter because I don't know if there are regulations to govern them like you would find at a bank for example.

I'd like to believe that everything is hunky dory but does anyone have any evidence based on the new management at Full Tilt or based on regulators our there who are are making sure players are protected?
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, dreamscholar
      Full Tilt is now owned by the same owners as PokerStars

They are therefore no more or less trustworthy than PokerStars.

PokerStars in turn is no more or less trustworthy than ANY corporation.

In general, if the loss of the money would cause you hardship, then it should not be in other people's hands.

All the best of Luck!
    • Gentari
      Full Tilt was bought out by PokerStars. I would be very happy with the setup now.
    • dreamscholar
      I read your comments and decided to do a little homework on my own because this is an important issue for me. I ran across this:

It looks like Full Tilt got into financial difficulty because it was using player funds to pay for its operations. Pokerstars always maintained separate bank accounts for these things which is why they didn't get into the trouble Full Tilt did.

I then ran across this:

It looks like Full Tilt has changed their past practice and now maintains a separate account for players and a separate one for operations. In fact players money is held in trust by a third party.

I should have just done the research myself -- anyway, this may be of interest to others.
    • Krishjanis
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      You are probably saying this because you are a mod and behind compliance.
      I trust Pokerstars million times more than any other poker room, yes Full tilt was also trustable, being the second biggest and it went down, but saying all poker rooms are the same is stupid, so you are probably behind compliance, if not then think again if you would trust equally to Pokerstars and 770poker with their shitty 1995 software.
    • Vygantas82

And i would like to say what i think about online poker in general:

Every one knows that in those small offshore corupted islands there is close to none or no regulation and licenses they give are absolutely meaningless + your money is not really segregated as owners of pokerstars (or any other site) likes to say (only they actually really are). So because of that you are left absolutely alone with your decision - deposit or not. It depends what do you personally think or know about pokerstars, their owners. And many people in poker forums would say that pokerstars is a king, it never cheat you etc. but the fact is that they don't know it. same story was with full tilt, and even with purple lounge, London Stock Exchange symbol was a guaranty it will not go do down right?