MP3: $10.60 - 106 bb
      CO: $12.37 - 124 bb
      BU: $11.76 - 118 bb
      SB: $4.90 - 49 bb
      BB: $11.21 - 112 bb

0.05/0.10 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.116.1

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:heart: , 4:spade:
      SB posts small blind ($0.05), Hero posts big blind ($0.10), MP2 raises for $0.30, MP3 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero calls

Flop: ($0.95 - 9.50 bb) 4:club: , 3:spade: , 3:club: (3 Players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.70, CO folds, Hero calls

Turn: ($2.35 - 23.50 bb) 6:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.70, Hero calls

River: ($5.75 - 57.50 bb) 5:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks

Is there a better course of action here?
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Festfingre,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I would actually like to raise the flop here to maximize value versus his overpairs and draws. There's no way villain will fold those hands and by calling we run the risk of him slowing down or bad cards coming down that will kill our action.

So I would prefer a raise on the flop, even if we make it smaller and then fire turn/river.

As played I would probably just donk that river 1/2 pot to extract some value from certain pairs that can't fold otherwise we run the big risk of him checking back (Afterall both straight and flush got there). And if he has a flush or even some straights he can still raise us.

BTW, as a side note, when you post a reply and would like a judge to take another look please select the "advise judge to take another look" button.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Festfingre,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I would actually like to raise the flop here to maximize value versus his overpairs and draws. There's no way villain will fold those hands and by calling we run the risk of him slowing down or bad cards coming down that will kill our action.

So I would prefer a raise on the flop, even if we make it smaller and then fire turn/river.

As played I would probably just donk that river 1/2 pot to extract some value from certain pairs that can't fold otherwise we run the big risk of him checking back (Afterall both straight and flush got there). And if he has a flush or even some straights he can still raise us.

BTW, as a side note, when you post a reply and would like a judge to take another look please select the "advise judge to take another look" button.