[NL2-NL10] NL10 QJo

• bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $2.79 (27.9 bb)
      UTG: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (MP): $7.77 (77.7 bb)
      CO: $4.09 (40.9 bb)
      BTN: $21.41 (214.1 bb)
      SB: $15.88 (158.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J Q
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.40, SB calls $0.40

Flop: ($2.10) 8 T K (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70, SB folds

Turn: ($5.50) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $4, Hero folds

Results:
      $5.50 pot ($0.36 rake)
      Final Board: 8 T K 7
      BB mucked and won $5.14 ($2.74 net)
      Hero mucked J Q and lost (-$2.40 net)

I call the initial 3b cos it is tiny and I expect the other caller to come with me. I also have position

Flop, I call for the implied odds as I think BB is repping quite a strong hand, do you think this is acceptable here?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Bennisboy,

Preflop: I don't like calling the 3-bet vs such a shortstack. So I would fold there unless SB is a huge fish.

However, from the bet sizes it appears that he has more than 2.79?

What were the actual stack sizes?
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      The hand seems to be corrupted, he had a full stack, which was one of the reasons I called as I expected fishy SB to come along as well. We all had full stacks, no idea what has happened to HEM here

(When he places the turn bet HEM shows hi have -$4 dollars in his stack? Lol)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      The hand seems to be corrupted, he had a full stack, which was one of the reasons I called as I expected fishy SB to come along as well. We all had full stacks, no idea what has happened to HEM here

(When he places the turn bet HEM shows hi have -$4 dollars in his stack? Lol)
      Our hand is easily dominated by the value range of his so unless we know more about villain we are really only calling for 2p+ or OESDs.

If SB is fishy and would often come along calling because slightly better.

As played I would call flop as well (keep SB in) and then fold turn versus his second strong bet as I doubt he is bluffing there at all. Theoretically we have implied odds since our draw is somewhat hidden but he can already be blocking some of our outs (with AK, AA type hands).