[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - QTs: TP vs strange reg play

• Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      SB: 21/19
      4.7 af
      55% fold vs cbet
      8% donkbet (20% fold, 40% call, 40% raise...vs raise in 20)
      49% wwsf
      31% wtsd
      48k hands

BU: 46/26
      51% fold vs cbet

BB: $48.88 (97.8 bb)
      MP: $31.04 (62.1 bb)
      Hero (CO): $51.51 (103 bb)
      BTN: $20.18 (40.4 bb)
      SB: $80.87 (161.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:diamond: Q:diamond:
      MP folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB folds

Flop: ($5) 7:club: 9:heart: Q:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $5, BTN folds, SB raises to $13, Hero ?
  • 7 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

Small donkbet frequency says it all imo.. sure, you can raise given hand and equity but it's not awesome vs him. Once he 3bets it's an easy fold.

His range is usually sets and 2pair there, maybe a few combo draws too.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      His range is usually sets and 2pair there,

Even when he donks so small vs 2 players in a very wet board?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Sorry, wasn't clear enough... When he donk/3bets. When he just donks he can prob have some weaker hands but going by his stats of 8% donkbet that's usually a made hand. The idea behind raising is that you can turn your hand into a bluff later on if needed since you can still represent a made hand while still having some folding equity. It's not a value raise if that's what you were thinking next. QT is usually not ahead (nor too far behind) when someone donks 8% on this texture.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      Well... i 4bet and called a shove, he showed a set.
      I was pretty sure he had a draw because of the small donkbet, so i would be a bit ahead. I was really surprised when he showed a set. I dont recall someone donking a set this small 3 way in a wet board, its very standard to see sets donking here, but never that size. He really got me. Note done.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Stat says he donks tight, regardless of sizing.. I'd go by that to begin with. You don't have a note saying he has different rante based on sizing so I'd just use the stat.

I'm probably getting annoying now but if after 48k hands on the guy you don't have a not on donking, cbetting, raising cbets, etc. it's kind of hard for you to really play super exploitive and player dependent poker. You will get stuck in either standard poker or in GTO type style. GTO is fine but then all you can do is rely on your own ranges so asking what to do vs an opponent is besides the point there since you have your own GTO ranges to develop and play.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      Got it.
      I havent played all those hands against him, not even close.
      Im buying hands, thats why i have so many hands from regs.
      When i get some time i will try to get some deep info about the ones i play most against by looking on database.
      I also bought NoteCaddy, in still learning how to use it well.
      Are you using NoteCaddy? Do you like it?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Nope, I don't use NoteCaddy. It should be useful if you set it up properly because the standard definitions don't help that much from what I've seen in videos about it.