SB ($2.13)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($2.11)
      UTG+1 ($2.54)
      UTG+2 ($3.12)
      Hero ($2.62)
      BTN ($3.86)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, UTG+2 raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.18, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.16, UTG+2 calls $0.14

FLOP ($0.57) 8:heart: 4:heart: 4:club:

UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.42, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds

Hero shows A:spade: A:heart:

Hero wins $0.55

so...this guy on UTG+2 is crazy maniac, beting pot all the time on flops/turns/rivers with air most of the time and sucks out from time to time...I got a perfect hand to double my stack...but I also get a caller from UTG+1 which is a bit messy for me...

on the flop...my question is..should I have slowplayed it here and give him a chance to try and bluff me, I saw a flush draw and being flop 3way I just bet it strong for value and protection...not sure would it be more profitable to try and risk a little bit even though I dont like it being 3way?

• 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: looks fine however since UTG+2 is a maniac we could raise bigger preflop

Postflop: I think that betting the flop is perfectly fine especially once both check (you said you would expect villain to bet out as a bluff).

If you really want to increase the chance that either stay in then bet 1/2 pot or so to induce more calls/raises.

As a side note I would not be too worried about the flush draw especially because we block the NFD. Worse case scenario the flush kills the action for us because it might scare the villains.