[NL2-NL10] 77 IP vs reg

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      speed, no hud.
      villain is good reg, can make moves but generally doesn't overplay his hands.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.65)
      BB ($32.75)
      UTG ($9.31)
      Hero ($18.46)
      CO ($24.42)
      BTN ($12.66)

Dealt to Hero 7:diamond: 7:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.89, Hero calls $0.59

FLOP ($1.83) 4:heart: K:spade: 4:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.83) 4:heart: K:spade: 4:diamond: 8:spade:

BB bets $0.88, Hero calls $0.88

RIVER ($3.59) 4:heart: K:spade: 4:diamond: 8:spade: K:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

BB shows A:club: Q:spade:
      (Pre 45%, Flop 26.0%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero shows 7:diamond: 7:spade:
      (Pre 55%, Flop 74.0%, Turn 86.4%)

Hero wins $3.36

Preflop call is questionable but let's say he's not super strong reg and we have position.

Is floating this flop an option? Or just better to lay it go? I would peel one more card if he cbetted.

When he bets on turn his range doesn't look that strong but he still has 99-QQ which he might be playing a bit more slowly because of K.

When this river comes I'm sure he would bet 99-QQ since he must realize he's good. I still didn't go for value because I didn't find many hands I beat and see his call (other than hero A highs).
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: looks fine given stack sizes.

Postflop: I don't mind our line here if we assume that villain can also check hands that would normally bluff the flop (like his current AQ).

Good players (or aggro players) won't just bet one street on this board texture (as bluff) so calling one street to fold the turn isn't the best plan. Because of that I'd just fold the flop or call down two streets.

As played we could bet $1 or so and try to squeeze some value from Ax.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Good players (or aggro players) won't just bet one street on this board texture (as bluff) so calling one street to fold the turn isn't the best plan. Because of that I'd just fold the flop or call down two streets.
      Thank you very much, will note this.

Originally posted by BogdanPSAs played we could bet $1 or so and try to squeeze some value from Ax.
      I would much easier go for this value with TT or even 99. It's true I don't expect him to have many 8x in his range but still on this limit you never know. Will have it in mind.