This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 K4o 23-01-13 (speed)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $4.25 (85 bb)
      UTG: $4.68 (93.6 bb)
      MP: $4.31 (86.2 bb)
      CO: $4.93 (98.6 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $8.61 (172.2 bb)
      SB: $5.24 (104.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K 4
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB folds

Flop: ($0.35) A K 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.26, SB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.44

Turn: ($1.75) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.24, Hero calls $1.24

River: ($4.23) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.15 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.15

Hi,
      Didn't really wanted to post this one as I'm a lil embarised how it went...

Preflop:
      I'm opening to wide against unknown opponements :(
      However this positions I guess is the only where I can open this from. but should have picked my opponement more wisely.

Flop:
      My bluff didn't work preflop, however I hit very very well, only few hands that beat mere here is rather unlikely, decided to call to make him bluff one more street, I should have tried to get it in here right?
      I know AK, AA, KK sometimes play this way, andthe chances of him having a set here is rather close to 0.
      I was a slight tilty atm.

Turn:
      I assumed he would bet the turn, and give up river, where I would extract thin value, so called, but in doing calling moves I'm giving him exelent opotunity to catch up :f_mad:

River:
      hehe This I did not assume should properly have folded here, closed my eyes and called, he could be bluffing, but in micros they usually don't bluff river...

(Was happy that I was lucky enough to hit a bluffy person, as the session ended in + with him, but could have ended in a devastating session... Had to stop session right hfter don't think my descion making was at the top notch here) Atleast I'm a happy :f_biggrin: now :P

But please come with your nasty imputs here, so I may learn ;)

Villain:
      Unknown
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think if we need to go this down with opening we should probably raise less than 3bb?

On the flop I like your bet.
      Once he raises I kind of like calling down here.
      The other option is to 3bet/go broke but it's likely that he folds his bluffs and only continues with monster draws and better made hands.

I think this is the kind of spots where I recommend "bluffcatching" since it's really hard for him to have anything for value - 44/A4s are 2 combos and I think you played this fine.

One can argue about a fold being right of course, but then I thinkt hat we can call down here since his line doesn't really make much sense at all and people sometimes love to bluff on these boards.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Ok atleast my thought process wasn't to bad, however I was in a tilty mood, big mistake opening this I'm still sure, however if I feel I'm this loose another time, would you open $0.12 then?

And damn was scared on river, could I jam the flop, I assume only hand here calling me would be thoese that beats me?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Yeah, $0.12 will be fine.

If we jam the flop I think we are mostly getting called by better and hands like QsJs/QsTs/JsTs against which we don't really stand great.