[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 K4o 23-01-13 (speed)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $4.25 (85 bb)
      UTG: $4.68 (93.6 bb)
      MP: $4.31 (86.2 bb)
      CO: $4.93 (98.6 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $8.61 (172.2 bb)
      SB: $5.24 (104.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K 4
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB folds

Flop: ($0.35) A K 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.26, SB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.44

Turn: ($1.75) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.24, Hero calls $1.24

River: ($4.23) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.15 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.15

Hi,
      Didn't really wanted to post this one as I'm a lil embarised how it went...

Preflop:
      I'm opening to wide against unknown opponements :(
      However this positions I guess is the only where I can open this from. but should have picked my opponement more wisely.

Flop:
      My bluff didn't work preflop, however I hit very very well, only few hands that beat mere here is rather unlikely, decided to call to make him bluff one more street, I should have tried to get it in here right?
      I know AK, AA, KK sometimes play this way, andthe chances of him having a set here is rather close to 0.
      I was a slight tilty atm.

Turn:
      I assumed he would bet the turn, and give up river, where I would extract thin value, so called, but in doing calling moves I'm giving him exelent opotunity to catch up :f_mad:

River:
      hehe This I did not assume should properly have folded here, closed my eyes and called, he could be bluffing, but in micros they usually don't bluff river...

(Was happy that I was lucky enough to hit a bluffy person, as the session ended in + with him, but could have ended in a devastating session... Had to stop session right hfter don't think my descion making was at the top notch here) Atleast I'm a happy :f_biggrin: now :P

But please come with your nasty imputs here, so I may learn ;)

Villain:
      Unknown
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think if we need to go this down with opening we should probably raise less than 3bb?

On the flop I like your bet.
      Once he raises I kind of like calling down here.
      The other option is to 3bet/go broke but it's likely that he folds his bluffs and only continues with monster draws and better made hands.

I think this is the kind of spots where I recommend "bluffcatching" since it's really hard for him to have anything for value - 44/A4s are 2 combos and I think you played this fine.

One can argue about a fold being right of course, but then I thinkt hat we can call down here since his line doesn't really make much sense at all and people sometimes love to bluff on these boards.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Ok atleast my thought process wasn't to bad, however I was in a tilty mood, big mistake opening this I'm still sure, however if I feel I'm this loose another time, would you open $0.12 then?

And damn was scared on river, could I jam the flop, I assume only hand here calling me would be thoese that beats me?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Yeah, $0.12 will be fine.

If we jam the flop I think we are mostly getting called by better and hands like QsJs/QsTs/JsTs against which we don't really stand great.