UTG ($4.20)
      UTG+1 ($4.64)
      UTG+2 ($3.50)
      MP1 ($2.50)
      MP2 ($4.76)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($7.31)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, UTG+2 raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.15, fold, Hero raises to $0.74, fold, BTN calls $0.59

FLOP ($1.65) 3:diamond: 4:heart: 6:diamond:

Hero bets $1.20, BTN raises to $6.57 (AI), Hero calls $5.37

TURN ($14.79) 3:diamond: 4:heart: 6:diamond: 8:spade:

RIVER ($14.79) 3:diamond: 4:heart: 6:diamond: 8:spade: K:diamond:

Villain was totally unknown.

Can we really put him on sets here and fold? Would he really jam QQ or KK?

I'm beating the game for 7bb/100 but feel that calling large bets is still a big leak for me. Particularly in 3 bet pots, as I learnt to play 6 max first and I never seem to be good often at FR.
      Can we leave these spots alone and expect our win rate to be relatively untouched?
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey ChangNoi77,

I don't like your huge 3bet preflop. Often you are just telegraphing the strength of your hand. It's very easy to play correctly against an opponent if you know he has AA/KK. It's so easy for UTG+2 to set-mine and always give up unimproved.

Your opponent's most likely holding is a set, maybe once in a while KK or a monster draw. Your best option is to fold the flop after you get raised. You only have one pair and you are deep.
    • ChangNoi77
      ChangNoi77
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply.

I thought my squeeze size was standard, a little less than x4 IP and a bit more OOP, I made it 3bb over x4 as we were deep, is there no need to do this as the pot is reraised and we can still get the money in if we wish?.
      Also what should standard sqeeze sizes be in your opinion?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by ChangNoi77
      Thanks for the reply.

I thought my squeeze size was standard, a little less than x4 IP and a bit more OOP, I made it 3bb over x4 as we were deep, is there no need to do this as the pot is reraised and we can still get the money in if we wish?.
      Also what should standard sqeeze sizes be in your opinion?
      Hey ChangNoi, you have the right idea in terms of sizing. By making it "just 3bbs" over standard sizing you are actually making it 5x instead of 4x though. I'd squeeze $0.55 here. I prefer smaller sizes in general pre-flop, your main edge will come postflop.

You are also correct you should squeeze larger when deep. These guys probably don't know that though, and they are going to put you on AA/KK a lot when you squeeze this size. That's obviously really bad when you have AA.