Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($25.73)
      BB ($28.05)
      UTG ($2.28)
      CO ($20.30)
      BTN ($20)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:spade:

fold, CO raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $2.20, fold, CO calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.60) K:club: 2:diamond: 8:diamond:

Hero bets $2.40, CO calls $2.40

TURN ($9.40) K:club: 2:diamond: 8:diamond: 9:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $3.20, Hero calls $3.20

RIVER ($15.80) K:club: 2:diamond: 8:diamond: 9:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, CO checks

On turn I did not bet because board is so scary and I thoguhtg PPs might fold. BUt later I think - pairs + draw should still call.

But if I don't bet the turn and the river is not diamond - I can get the same value or even more on the river. Because anyway its not too likley that he will call 3 streets with underpair.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

So what range do you assign villain for taking this line? Call flop 1/2 bet and then bet 1/3 on the turn?

I think that betting is still better than check/calling on such a board unless you expect villain to have a ton of floats that he can bet or if he bets thin for value and we are going for a ck/raise.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      So what range do you assign villain for taking this line? Call flop 1/2 bet and then bet 1/3 on the turn?

he is having flush or bluff. He should not do that with a pair, unless its strong top pair.

Not sure what calling range actually could be - if he has some floats. He is definiley calling pairs. But his 3bet is low, maybe he is calling hands like ATs so then AJ+ as well. If they have some BD equity and A high, maeybe he is turning them into floats.

But if he does not have floats - I was not thinking about floats too much, I was thinking he most of the time has 2nd pair, so I can bet on river to get value. And then it will look more weak on the river - like flop bluff Kxx, so less likely Kx in my range if I don't bet turn.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

he is having flush or bluff. He should not do that with a pair, unless its strong top pair.

Not sure what calling range actually could be - if he has some floats. He is definiley calling pairs. But his 3bet is low, maybe he is calling hands like ATs so then AJ+ as well. If they have some BD equity and A high, maeybe he is turning them into floats.

But if he does not have floats - I was not thinking about floats too much, I was thinking he most of the time has 2nd pair, so I can bet on river to get value. And then it will look more weak on the river - like flop bluff Kxx, so less likely Kx in my range if I don't bet turn.
      The problem with waiting till the river is that you will lose some value from pairs + draws and it's possible you may even get called 3-streets by a stubborn JJ/TT/99 (on low blank river cards). Plus not to mention the possibility of him shipping a hand like AdX that he floats with.