This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH KK top set

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($25.73)
      BB ($28.05)
      UTG ($2.28)
      CO ($20.30)
      BTN ($20)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:spade:

fold, CO raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $2.20, fold, CO calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.60) K:club: 2:diamond: 8:diamond:

Hero bets $2.40, CO calls $2.40

TURN ($9.40) K:club: 2:diamond: 8:diamond: 9:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $3.20, Hero calls $3.20

RIVER ($15.80) K:club: 2:diamond: 8:diamond: 9:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, CO checks

On turn I did not bet because board is so scary and I thoguhtg PPs might fold. BUt later I think - pairs + draw should still call.

But if I don't bet the turn and the river is not diamond - I can get the same value or even more on the river. Because anyway its not too likley that he will call 3 streets with underpair.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

So what range do you assign villain for taking this line? Call flop 1/2 bet and then bet 1/3 on the turn?

I think that betting is still better than check/calling on such a board unless you expect villain to have a ton of floats that he can bet or if he bets thin for value and we are going for a ck/raise.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      So what range do you assign villain for taking this line? Call flop 1/2 bet and then bet 1/3 on the turn?

he is having flush or bluff. He should not do that with a pair, unless its strong top pair.

Not sure what calling range actually could be - if he has some floats. He is definiley calling pairs. But his 3bet is low, maybe he is calling hands like ATs so then AJ+ as well. If they have some BD equity and A high, maeybe he is turning them into floats.

But if he does not have floats - I was not thinking about floats too much, I was thinking he most of the time has 2nd pair, so I can bet on river to get value. And then it will look more weak on the river - like flop bluff Kxx, so less likely Kx in my range if I don't bet turn.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

he is having flush or bluff. He should not do that with a pair, unless its strong top pair.

Not sure what calling range actually could be - if he has some floats. He is definiley calling pairs. But his 3bet is low, maybe he is calling hands like ATs so then AJ+ as well. If they have some BD equity and A high, maeybe he is turning them into floats.

But if he does not have floats - I was not thinking about floats too much, I was thinking he most of the time has 2nd pair, so I can bet on river to get value. And then it will look more weak on the river - like flop bluff Kxx, so less likely Kx in my range if I don't bet turn.
      The problem with waiting till the river is that you will lose some value from pairs + draws and it's possible you may even get called 3-streets by a stubborn JJ/TT/99 (on low blank river cards). Plus not to mention the possibility of him shipping a hand like AdX that he floats with.