This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA v JJ NL10

• stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      Apart from not raising pre flop could I have played this differently? Would it have made any differance in this situation?

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      7 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG arderi ($4.72)
      UTG+1 FerPrior ($2.27)
      MP Valtol555 ($10.35)
      CO Hero ($2.00)
      BTN srjuka ($1.48)
      SB HASSBAK95 ($4.94)
      BB KlopekPoker ($9.62)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 7 players) Hero is CO A A
      3 folds, Hero calls $0.10, 1 fold, HASSBAK95 raises to $0.30, KlopekPoker calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.50, HASSBAK95 calls $0.20, KlopekPoker calls $0.20

Flop: 8 3 5 ($1.50, 3 players)
      HASSBAK95 checks, KlopekPoker checks, Hero bets $0.50, HASSBAK95 raises to $1.50, KlopekPoker folds, Hero goes all-in $1

Turn: J ($4.50, 2 players)

River: 4 ($4.50, 2 players)

Final Pot: $4.50
      Hero shows: A A
      HASSBAK95 shows: J J

HASSBAK95 wins $4.28 ( won +$2.28 )
      KlopekPoker lost -$0.50
      Hero lost -$2.00

I decided to slow play as I was getting zero action when raising.
  • 4 replies
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Push preflop i think

Well if you don't get action,maybe the table is too tight,then just switch tables,anyways sometimes your premium holdings don't get action,it happens
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      This is a form of tilt.
      Preflop raise to $0.40. (after you limped, you should still push after the raise+call by the other 2 Villains)

Sometimes it happens that you don't get any action with premium hands like AA/KK. But that's all part of poker. Just stick to the strategy and you'll be running up the limits in no-time!

What do you prefer, picking up the blinds with AA or receiving a suck-out and lose 20BB?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      AA/KK should be played overaggressive preflop since they don't improve much compared to other hands. Therefore you want to isolate 1 opponent to gain a maximum out of your money (More customers = welcome ofcourse)

Unfortunately he hits his Jack on the turn (~7%) chance.
    • Jarostrategy
      Jarostrategy
      Bronze
      I can not advise you to do slowplays like this. It's better to win small pots then to lose big ones.

If you limp and 3-4 players limp behind you, are you able to fold your AA on the flop? Or will you pay off your opponents?

Was it your intention to limp/reraise preflop? Dont you think if someone raises behind you, he has a hand he probably would have called a raise with, too?

-->

Raise preflop.

Greetings, Jaro