81% fold vs steal
      8% squeeze

CO: $62.22 (124.4 bb)
      BTN: $56.17 (112.3 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $68.82 (137.6 bb)
      MP: $49.25 (98.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:club: 8:diamond:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5, BB folds, BTN calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.50) 5:diamond: 5:heart: 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50, BTN raises to $12.50, Hero ?

I dont like much to call on this spot, even less with an aggressive reg on the BB. My idea was to 3bet and 5bet, because i expect him to 4bet me very often and fold to 5bets very often too. If he is folding something around 60% i know im making profit.
      But he just calls...and now raises..
  • 8 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think he isn't stealing too wide so you should consider the option of calling. If aggro BB squeezes, you can just back-raise all-in with 88, provided he is squeezing wide enough.

As played, when he raises the Flop, I would expect this guy to jam JJ+ pre, maybe even TT. Anyway we would have stacked off preflop and would have gotten coolered by 99/TT anyway. I would just jam here and hope he has nut flush draw or was just bluff raising the Flop.

Thanks.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      If aggro BB squeezes, you can just back-raise all-in with 88, provided he is squeezing wide enough.

I never did that, because that needs to work very often to be +ev, because im putting lots of money in a pot that wont be that big, when he calls my equity wont be that great. Anyway i havent done any calculations on that kind of spot to know how much fold i will need exactly.
      Other problem i see is... wont my hand be kinda faced up? It would be hard for me to have something better than TT/AQ doing that, because against that bu i think i just cant flat monster..
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Yes your hand is face-up as 88-TT. However, if he is not squeezing TT/99, he can't exploit you.

I'm not going to post the equations here, I think I did some of those in my perfecting preflop play in my first few videos. Basically we need his squeeze % to be around 9-10% for that play to break-even.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      Hiyo
      I saw that video, i really liked the back raising theory. I spent a couple hours playing with numbers and ranges to get some reference tables.
      But there is something i like to ask/discuss. With the back raise shove you talk you are able to shove PPs and AK, but you will only be able to shove AQ against very aggressive players (close to 14%+ squeeze range), and it feels like a waste to fold AQ always (and by the video i dont think you like to call with it) because it have great blocking effect.
      So my question is... what do you think of using AQ/AJ/KQ to make a 4bet(/fold) about 2x the size of the squeeze (or even less?!) in spots were we know villain folds well to 4bet?
      I know we will have balance issues if you just 4bet small AQ/AJ/KQ, but to solve that we could add AA and AK to the small 4bet too (and let KK- direct shove). I know AQ/AJ/KQ its much more combos than AK/AA but i dont think will be easy to spot anyway. By adding KK-QQ to small 4bet range too the 4bet shove might became obviously more weak.
      Whats your thoughts about this..
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      Bump :baby:
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I dont really like wasting AQ to nackraise as a bluff. Maybe KQ/AJ could be good, but AQ just feels like a complete waste cos it is usually strong enough to call in many spots.

If you think it is not strong enough to backraise but his squeezing range is still wide enough, you should call and just play postflop. If you know enough about his tendencies, you should be able to make fairly accurate post flop decisions.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      Calling 3bets with AQ was having negative results (even considering that by folding we are loosing 250-300 bb/100). But yeah, against wide ranges and decent reads call could be just fine.
      So you think with KQ/AJ i could make small back raise balancing it with a few strong hands?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      yeah that's right. i'll probably flat AQs and KQs AJs v vs a 3bet. I think those hands are playable vs a 3bet. Maybe i might choose a 4bet bluff vs the oppponent with AJo and KQo